I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, December 14, 2007

Silence



We went for a walk tonight and the thing that struck me the MOST...was the silence!!
Utter quiet..The snow was thick on the ground.There was 8 inches of snow in New England and Ive never seen anything so beautiful:)
Its like walking in a Christmas card like I said on my last post.
Having come from New Zealand and having never seen snow before,this is a wonderous thing.Its not cold like I thought it would be...altho its gloves and hat and coat weather,I really thought the snow would feel freezing!
Oh Im happy tonight:)
Im living in a winterwonderland!

posted by butterflies @ 3:54 PM

2 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Kiwi who hasn't seen snow before?
Wow you must be a North Islander!
Take care make the most of your opportunities. Stay strong & positive.
So who will back in NZ first you or me? We expect to be back before the southern winter, yep we'll be going down south where snow is now novelty.
Take care
Chris
fuknKIWI

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Yes Chris I am from the nth island and have only been down sth in summer.altho I have been on a cold kiwi run;)
Wow you really are going home huh.
Take care Hon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003