I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, January 25, 2008

My own Bucket List


I went and saw the Bucket List last week and its a wonderful,funny,poignant story of 2 men (Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman)who,after finding themselves with cancer decide to make a list of all the things they want to do before they die.
Its a beautiful movie and I loved it.
While it reminded me that I must always live each and every day as if its the last,it also made me think about what I would put on my own bucket list.
I want to travel more and see things Ive only read about..
I want to make others smile and give some kindness every day.
I want to see my grandson grow into a good kind man,achieving his highest potential.
I want to see my son finish his new degree and find a job that satisfies him.
I want to ride,ride ride!!
And when I lay my head down for my final time,Iwant to be remembered as someone who loved and was loved.

posted by butterflies @ 7:25 AM

7 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

It is a great list, and thanks for reminding me to live every day as if it were the last.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

That is it, when it comes here I will go see it.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Amen my sistah!!!

It will all come to pass. Have a beautiful weekend. We have freezing rain & ice today, but nothing bad enough to down trees or powerlines. Just COLD!! But, hey ya know OK...tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 60's.


Blessed be...

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It truly was some time to pause for thought wasn't it? Now, you have read mine, but I would like to add that I hope to make a difference, a true difference in the life of someone who needs me.

Kudos, my friend

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I have told you beofre, but it is your strength who has changed my life. You and your example of undying love, support and devotion are the goals I aspire to hold. You my friend, have made a difference in mine

XO

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

There has never been a better bucket list.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger A said...

I can't wait to see this movie either1

And when I lay my head down for my final time,I want to be remembered as someone who loved and was loved.

OMG, you made me cry but in a good way. Yes, I'll be able to say that too; we are lucky women. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003