I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, March 07, 2005

Nice weekend

It was with some sense of relief that we had a nice weekend.Things have been fraught with tension and it was great to relax finally.
We went to Applebees on Friday night and Danny shouted us dinner.James and Danny both have camera phones now so they spent the night taking pics....of everything!
On Saturday night we went to Charlies to hear Big Daddy play for his birthday party.It was nice to see him again and to hear his lovely flute playing.He learnt to play with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.The place rocked and we had a good time catching up with friends.
Today has been cruisy too and we did very little except some shopping and sleeping in til noon when the damn ph rang and woke us up!
Then Mum rang me from NZ to tell me about her weekend...my brother and his wife had taken Mum to Gisbourne and Napier,Hastings,Taupo and lastly to Turangi where Mum and Dad had their fishing bach...They went to eat in the resturant where my parents ate after a days fishing.
They are really lovely to do all that for Mum.I appreciate them so much.
I feel happier and more in love and ready to cope again.

posted by butterflies @ 2:37 PM

3 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Hey, girlfriend!! Glad to see that you are blogging again. Glad you had a terrific weekend. I'll be leaving for Seattle on Wed night, but I will be checking my e-mail &, hopefully, blogging some.
Later...d

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Hey sweetie..have a GREAT time with your lover in Seattle ..say hi from me and James too:)

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice post! Made me feel all relaxed and weekendy myself. Reminded me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Nice writing style you have..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003