I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, November 04, 2005

Ferdinand the Bull

Who remembers that story?????
James writes a diary about his pain and when and how it happens.
The other night he woke at 1.45am and he could smell flowers really strong.
He had blocked sinuses but he could smell flowers!! when he told me about it I immediately remembered the story of Ferdinand the Bull...it was a story written by Munroe Leaf( How funny cos he was a stoner!!!)..the little bull was meant to be a bullfighter but he was more interested in sitting down in the middle of the field and smelling the flowers...til one day a bee stung him and he finally got violent!!
I wish I still had the book to show James cos hed never heard of it but it provocted strong memories in me.
Has anyone else heard of Ferdinand???????

posted by butterflies @ 9:08 PM

1 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

I LOVE Ferdinand!! There was also a cartoon about this. Where has James been??? I thought everyone knew Ferdinand. Oh well...
It is a very cute story though.
I'm pretty sure the flower smell means something about the short visits James is probably making to the Other Side. This begins to happen way before a person makes the final journey. Expect more of this kind of thing. It may be sights, it may be people visiting him, it may be other smells that are special to him. But they will all be comforting to him...& you.
Hang tough...I love you!!
Blessed be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003