I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, September 26, 2005

Grandson

This weekend we had Ezzie to stay.Its his last weekend in Hamilton before him and his Mum move away.They will only be an hour and a half to drive but still...its so sad.He is my soul,he comes from my son,who comes from me.He was born here on the farm and we built the cottage for them.I loved having Ez with me,close by.He would toddle over in his nappies in the mornings and hang out with me..at night he would come over after his bath,smelling beautiful as only kids can do...
I was tucking him into bed last night for his last sleep til I see him again on the holidays etc,and he said...Nan,dont forget me will ya!!...AS IF!!! I prayed with him and asked for Gods peace to be with us and for him to meet some nice new friends and be happy in his new school..and we prayed for his mum.That she may find happiness and joy...Goodbye for a while little grasshopper..I will miss you.

posted by butterflies @ 9:20 AM

3 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev,

Did something happen between Jake and his wife? I'm sorry they are moving away, but glad it isn't so far.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Yes,Jake and E split up just before we got back here..its really sad as they have been together since school.E tried to make it on her own here but she had a car accident and hurt her wrist so she cant work and money got too tight.Shes gone to her parents to save some money and hopefully come back to Hamilton.
I never thought they would ever split up but I dont blame anyone,I just accept whats happening and try to help out as much as I can.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

You are a good Mum..& Granny!! I know how much you will miss the EzMan!! He is just too precious for words. Thanks for the pix that you sent me. Everything is just beautiful. It is amazing how much work James has done in the garden. How is my biker bro?? And how are you??
Ya'll are continually on my heart. I wish I could visit. Someday...
Lots of love & hugs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003