I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mother -daughter time


Today I took my Mum to Morrinsville,a little town about 15 miles away.She wanted to sell one of her patchwork quilts and theres a shop there who was interested in it.In fact they offered her $500 for it and she seems keen.
We had a nice few hours together..she bought me lunch and of course a cappuccino:)I had a chicken/ spinach and brie cheese filo roll-up thing with a lovely fresh salad and home made tomato chutney..it was delicious.Then we went around all of the shops just browsing and talking.She loved having me all to herself!
I bought some beaded hippy curtains in blues and greens with little peace signs on them..heh..and a new big flashlight for those times like last saturday night when some guys had a blowout and cruised into our driveway to fix the tyre.
Mum bought me some flowers and arranged them into my vase when we got home.
They are at the top of this post.
Today reminded me of the day that Mum and Dad and I went to Morrinsville for a drive when Dad was so ill before he died.He couldnt get out of the car so he watched me and mum walk up and down the street...memories are precious.

posted by butterflies @ 2:34 PM

3 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Keep making memories!! They are what keep us going when the going is really rough. I love you sister-friend. I'm so glad you had a great day with your Mum.
Blessed be...

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the energy the two of you displayed when you returned from your outting. Nothing is more valuable than the time a parent can spend with their children.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi butterflies, sounds like you and your mom had a nice day, your posts are always so sweet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003