I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Looking back

Apon reading Sandys blog
I realised there are some things that I do miss about OKlahoma,apart from James family.
I thought that I hated Walmart...while I was there I hated going and always sent james and Cori,but the times I did go,it was so easy to get everything in the one shop.The staff was terrible and grumpy and didnt know if they had whatever I was looking for,but it was convenient..there was 60 different mascaras and 500 nail polishes..easy to find cleansing pads and get a key cut at the same time.
I also miss all day breakfasts.I would have bacon and eggs and hash browns and hot tea for $3.99..any time of the day or night.James had pancakes and bacon and sausage.You could have a smoke while you waited and it never took any more than 10mins..
Wine is cheaper there too! We live in a country here that grows and produces amazing wines and even the aussie wines are cheaper in OK.Smokes are cheap and seem to be longer! Even cut flowers are cheaper and lovely bouquets are easy to find.
And I miss Applebees and oriental chicken salad! And Aaron and Eric..and the Friday nights we spent sitting at their bar enjoying food and good wine.
All the things I miss...but Id still rather be home;)

posted by butterflies @ 10:48 AM

3 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

I miss you!!! But I am glad that you are home, surrounded by your entire family. Guess that is what I miss-my heart family. Since Dave died I am really alone again-he was my family, the one I shared memories with. Mom calls when she needs something..& has developed a very demanding tone if I say "later" or "no". I am, once again, on the outside of the family looking in. At least I know that neighborhood well. I will be seeing Jason & his little family next month. Who knows what will happen with me & the Big Guy.
Love you sister-friend. Hugs & kisses to James & Cori!!
Imagine!!! missing Wal-Mart!!!! WOW!!
blessed be...

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

D..I MISS you too!! and I can hardly believe that I admitted missing walmart,must have been a lapse in intelligence..heh
I wish I could be closer to you and be of some comfort to you.I miss Dave too..his accent and the way he explained things to me,his humor,his laughter..
Well,family is spread all over the world now and into the heavens.One day we will all be together again.Love ya too sister-friend:)

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well walmart is kind of a big part of society in it's weird way. it stays open after the rest of the mall is closed and me and SIL say 'wanna go to walmart?' later at night. There's always something to look for at walmart. My hubby refuses to shop there, but walmart is ok by me. I should apply for a job there and be a non-grumpy staff member lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003