I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, February 24, 2006

Hard week..

This has been a week of struggles.It began when James got an abcess on his back tooth and we had to take him to an emergency dentist to have it removed.The dentist told him *this will take a few mths to heal*...to which James replied *can you promise me that!* ..all that was funny at the time but over the next couple of days the poison really attacked his system which is severley compromised from lymphoma.He lay in bed for nearly 2 days,hovering between life and death.He had a fever and he was in a lot of pain in his liver and stomach and so he ate nothing.I fussed over him,tried to make him drink water and wiped his brow...kissing him and standing watching to make sure he was breathing.His breaths were so shallow that I even rang hospice.Then yesterday he arose!!! He got out of bed as if nothing had happened and wanted to go to town.We had to go to the doctor and he was assured to keep on with his antibiotics and eat as much as he can cos hes lost so much weight.So last night we had fat steaks with hash browns and salad and crusty french bread.James ate everything! We went back to the fish aquarium shop and bought an electric air pump cos as Gary pointed out,we were chewing through batteries at an alarming rate! This new pump is quiet and makes gorgeous little bubbles all over the surface.James delightedly installed it when we arrived home.
After dinner we had a lovely night of lovemaking and closeness and cuddled til the sun came up.It was so nice to have my man back in the land of the living.
And when we arrived home from town there was a BOX! in the mail from Diane.It contained a 5lb tin of coffee for James,Palmers cocoa butter for me and lip balm and a gorgeous top for me which I wore immediately.No-one knows how much parcels mean unless theyre stuck at home with illness surrounding them.It was a great day!

posted by butterflies @ 9:20 AM

7 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Praise God for our miracle James!! I know how you felt while he was hovering. It is amazing how shallow breath can be. I am so glad he is still with us-still fighting the good fight!! Bless Diane for her package-isn't it amazing how these things arrive just when we really need a boost.
You are always in my heart...& prayers.
I am picking up Zane tomorrow morning. YEA!!! It should be in the mid-60's here. Yes...I actually took a day off work. I need the down time. Last ballgame Sat afternoon. I am soooo glad.
Take care my dear sister-friend!!
Love to all...

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloody good steaks they were too! James had that carnivore look back in his eyes :)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sorry it's been a rough week. Glad things are better now with James.

Here's a big hug
((((((((((((Butterflies))))))))))))))))))

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Gary said...

You really are an inspiration to me. And James is too.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay James! I'm sorry it's been so stressful. Wish I could help from here...love to you both.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I rebound, warm-blooded critters need to scurry! I do love my steaks!!!
James

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We get hungry, don't we baby bro.
btw Guy is wanting to get in touch with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003