I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fish Pond


Last week while we were at the garden centre we came across these old wine barrels which we thought would be great to put some fish in...It fits nicely on the end of the deck and is shady and cool for most of the day.There wont be enough sun for water lillies but the fish will appreciate the shade.Weve left it with water in and keep overflowing it to get out the tannins from the wine.Im pleased with it:)

posted by butterflies @ 3:28 PM

4 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Lish said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I much prefer tons of green to any snow... we rarely get snow, so those pics will live on in rarity. But this... it's beautiful.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Very beautiful, very peaceful. I could just sit there & BE!! Looks like a wonderful meditation spot. I love all ya'll!
Hugs to all...

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Beautiful picture.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Very cool! I'm amazed they don't leak - but they were wine barrels, so I suppsoe they should be pretty water proof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003