I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, August 04, 2006

Coffee;)


As you all know,James loves his coffee. And it has to be perfect as he drinks 3 pots a day.(he swears thats what keeps him alive)..Today we got a great parcel from our dear friends Sleepless and Phil..all the way from the States.Inside were 2 bags of coffee and a really funny card that said WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE JAMES!!!
It was so cute and so thoughtful of them.Weve been so lucky to have great friends and family that keep up a regular supply for us (THANKS SLEEPLESS:))
The care packages we recieve are more treasured than gold.We hold the parcel,reluctant to open them...then the joy of recieving something that someone has prepared so thoughtfully and with such love is wonderful..I can almost feel their fingerprints as they tape the parcels up and the feeling is like a warm strong hug.
The mailman toots his horn when theres a parcel and I race out to get it and he laughs at me cos Im so eager and excited..like a kid!
I was the same when I was in the States and ppl from here sent me gifts and magazines that I couldnt get there..I love that ppl care and think of us:)
And I got another great thrill to find out that a good friend from Oklahoma has gotten a job here and will move over in August.Shes got a job working for the university doing cancer research and we will be able to see each other all the time.(and dont you just KNOW I will have a list of little things I need from Walgreens for her to bring me..LOL) We dont have Walgreens or Walmart here,thank goodness and we still have many family owned shops.
Its friday here and I feel happy today.James is OK and sleeping on the sofa..Im in love and Im so thankful and grateful for what I have and for the love you all give us:)..It makes the bad days so much better.
Oh and my grandsons coming:) YAY

posted by butterflies @ 4:09 PM

6 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i second that, she is a very lovely and kind lady.
tell James that without his coffee, Joe wouldn't be here either, lol...
the picture is lovely. the woman so beautiful and happy in the precense of love and innocence. the boy happy with the world holding his hand so lovingly. what else can he want after that..

i'm glad that your friend is coming. her work is of most importance and i thank her and wish her the best. may God inspire them all so that soon their might be a cure. my mom by the time she was 33 had battled thyroid and then cervical cancer...my friend Sandy is in her last months of first breast and than lung and bone cancer. my paternal grandma died of cancer..too many lives, too many families left behind...but you know that better than anyone..so let's just hope and pray they soon find the cures of all of them.

you are made of strong stock missy...you are not just brave and courageous but kind and a very good friend. thank you.

loving you both always. hello to James. hugs.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi butterflies! just came to check up on ya.. glad to see a cute message. I'm doing ok, hubby has lost his job and we are dreaming of the future. I'm sorry that I don't blog these days. I just got so fed up with my computer lol.. I miss you tho.. maybe we'll chat soon. see you sweetie.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Glad the package arrived. Phil put everything together himself & picked out the card (all the way in Seattle). He checks on ya'll often (just never comments) & I keep him up to date on your life. He did check the coffee selections with me via cellphone before purchasing (he is not a coffee drinker, but I am like James--gotta have my java & Folgers just will not do). Let me know when he is running low & we will ship off another supply.
I love you my dearest heart-family. You are my tribe & I miss you.
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!!


Peace & love...

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

Hi butterfly,

I am a new reader to your blog and so far I have so much enjoyed reading it. With a little one, I know it is hard to post everyday, but I always check!You mentioned that your friend who is in cancer research is going to your country, which so far, I have not found exactly where you are located. My son is also in cancer research and they are all so dedicated and have no doubt but their paths have not crossed at one meeting or another. He currently is with Case Western/Cleveland Clinic Cancer Ctr in Ohio. If you would post where your friend worked in the States, we might be surprised. Scientist are very close neat and know many others by name only.
Keep up the good blog! Take care
God Bless!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, It warms my heart that you are having a good day. You have no idea how much you inspire me, to remember to celebrate and honour that I did have my son. I did carry him for 9 months (and very happily I might add), I got to hold my son in my arms, I was strong enough to let him go peacefully. I wouldn't trade anything for the brief time I had my Jack. It was worth it.
Love and Light be with you and James.
K.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Butterflies - what a beautiful picture. Would you email me your address? I wanna make you guys smile :) AND I have a Walgreens!

Peace,
S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003