I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Account Balance

Imagine theres a bank that credits your account each morning with $86.400.It carries over no balance from day to day.Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you fail to use during the day.What would you do?Draw out every cent of course!
Each of us has such a bank.Its name is Time.

Every morning,it credits you with 86.400 seconds.
Every night it writes off, as lost,whatever you have failed to invest to good purpose.It carries over no balance.
To realize the value of one year,ask a student who failed an exam.
To realize the value of one month ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.
To realize the value of one week,ask someone who has a terminal illness.
To realize the value of one hour,ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of one minute,ask the person who missed the train.
To realize the value of one second,ask a person who just avoided an accident.
To realize the value of one millisecond,ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.

posted by butterflies @ 4:39 PM

11 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS
for sharing it nice :)
I am reading it for the first time

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Chris Beason said...

I think I read this in the Purpose Driven Life. It's a great reminder. Dr. John sent me.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I've read this before too, but it's worth reading again- time has such a tendency to get away from us. Dr. John sent me, too.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger jafabrit said...

what a great way of putting things into perspective. enjoyed reading it. Dr.john sent me your way :)

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Catch said...

Hi Dr John sent me....this reminds us that time waits for no one.

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr.John sent me. This is so much fun. Nice blog
Crazy object b.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John created this cyber trip for his readers and I have boarded the train. So far I've seen some sights and met some lovely people.

Your blog is beautiful-- your love for your family and your friends is evident. Thank you for sharing them.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Nice post today and so true. Both my kids were five weeks premature and I would have liked them to stay in a little longer that is for sure!.

I stopped in because of the Dr. John marathon...I will try to catch up on your other posts later this week.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya...stopping in as a result of Dr. John's marathon....

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I try to value every day. I have a plaque on my bedroom wall that says Ceize the Day. I try to value the journey more than the destination.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger kristi said...

Time is such a precious thing. I think that we all fail to appreciate it when we do have it, its when it is gone that we regret all that we did not do. I really love you post today, it gets me thinking.

I have visited before but I am back because of Dr. John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003