I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Growing the Same


It never ceases to amaze me how like my father Ive become.Every morning I take my coffee outside and sit on the deck and feed the little waxeyes that eat out of the coconut shell that my dad had hanging in his tree.(When Mum moved and the house was taken away it was all I wanted).Underneath the tree are red hot pokers which were also dads favourite and theres something in the flowers that attracts the birds.
My mannerisms are like Dad too.I have the same tendencies to be intolerant of stupidity,I cant stand anyone who lies,I have to have the truth no matter what.I chat easily to strangers and can hold my own where ever I am.He was a strong man and quite hard but to me he was soft and gentle.He wasnt to be crossed by anyone but he adored his mates.I am the same. My mum was a nurse for 42 years and I have a lot of her personality too but its my dad who I take after.I look like him and I am tough like him.When mum was annoyed with me she would always say *your just like your father!!* ..Im proud to be his daughter.

posted by butterflies @ 4:30 PM

3 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

oh i'm so happy to read such love. i too love my daddy. no matter what are age is, we are still their great admirers.

how great that you are just like your father. what an honour. what a joy. he be very proud of you.

you have his determination and strength. how good that is.

i'm happy for you have him always in your heart and mind.

hugs, love and many good thoughts to you and James. i don't want to ask, it is your time. you will share when you want and can. in the meantime, remember that you are not alone. that there are many people, strangers and not so, that love you both and think of you often.

take care. keep on being who you are. what a joy it is! and thank you for sharing it with us too. hugs.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I take after my dad too. Although when I was a child, my parents fought a lot, and my mom would say things like "You're just like your dad" which wasn't meant as a compliment, but rather to mean that I was stubborn, impatient, and bad.

take care...
Polar B.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas in a pod! Next comes me, and now Ez is starting to pick up on a lot of those traits too! (Not the coffee though, that would be terrifying!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003