I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The last few days..

So she rang me at 11.30.wanna come and have some sushi? Well how could I refuse that.
I showered quickly and she picked me up 15 mins later.It wasnt a long drive and I almost know my way around here now,tho I still dont want to drive.
We were greeted by our usual server and she loves seeing us cos Trish tips BIG! shes worked in the business herself and knows that a $20 tip means a little something extra in the food basket for the kids...lunch was delicious as usual.
Then it was off to Dunkin Donuts where all our friends hang out..bikes lining the road at any time of the day or late into the night.
I feel safe here.If I happen to stay and chat til late at night I get taken home even if I walked over..sometimes one of the guys walk me home.My friends here have been great and I will treasure them forever.
I have 15 days left til I fly home to NZ..Im longing for my little cottage in the country and to be with my family.My heart aches for them but at the same time I feel so happy that I now have dual citizenship and can come back whenever I want to.I feel as if I belong in both places.
Tomorrow is friday and I have to remember to do some shopping in the township.I still have some presents to buy to take home.Im happy :)

posted by butterflies @ 1:49 PM

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Fifteen days and then home. You should be happy. You have two countries in which there are people who love you and count you as their own.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

ooohh....sushi!!!

Enjoy the rest of your time in the US. It's freezing cold over here at the moment!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, your friends sound great... we moved out here 15 years ago and still haven't made any friends.. maybe it's coz i don't like people :P just kidding.. i'm glad you're happy sweety

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, what happened to snidget????

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I get home I have to get my blogrolls fixed (I dont know how to do it) Snidgets moved and lots of the other links dont work either now:<
Butterflies

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger sansanity said...

Butterflies,
Thanks for the heads up on my blog. I bet you got there from Polar Bear. That's how I got to your blog probably almost a year ago and first read your story. But then I kind of fell off the earth and lost track. I'm glad to know you are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003