I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long dresses


Anyone who knows me personally knows that I wear long skirts/dresses or jeans..
I love the feel of the floaty soft fabrics against my skin.

Since it is nearly spring I went looking through some stored clothes...ones that I love and cant bear to part with.I was so stoked to find one of my favourite long silk skirts from about 20 yrs ago,waiting for me :)

Well I put it on with some high boots cos its still a chilly wind and feeling a little glum I headed off to the mall to see whats happening.

To my surprise a young girl (18-20) came up to me in a shop and said OH WOW ...BOHO CHIC !!! I was like huh??? she said oh where did you get that skirt???,I want one!!
Haha...so it just goes to show you that if you keep something long enough you will come back into fashion:)

I never went out;)

posted by butterflies @ 1:56 PM

7 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Who knew we were chic???? Except us of course!! You ROCK, sister.

Love you bunches!

xxxoooxxxxoooox

blessed be...

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lou said...

I love finding what I thought was an old, out of date piece of clothing I had stored away. After a few years things come back, especially if you wear them a different way.

Alas, I'm so short, I look like I'm drowning in long skirts;)

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing better than a lady in a dress woott
did you get my email?
love Max

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I havesome thatgo back 20 years also and I have seen the likes of them in the retail stores, they sell for HEAPS of money..but I am keeping mine too :)

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Glad your back in fashion. I keep forgetting that as we approach Fall you approach Spring.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Ooooh...I love that dress. Since moving down south especially with the heat, they are so comfortable. My late husband thought women looked very sexy in those type dresses, just because of the way they flow with your body. The more I get to know you I realize we have ALOT in common. Great minds think and dress alike, lol...Have a great day...

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Johnna said...

Long dresses are my favorite too... This floral printed maxi style dress is looking nice...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003