I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cold blast hits

The spring weather is unpredictable and has changed from being warm and fine to being windy and cold.Ive had to get out winter clothes that Id already packed away.
We had a small tornado here on the weekend that uprooted trees and took off some roofs..nothing like OKlahoma but still rather unusual for Hamilton.
My vege garden has coped fine tho it may stop the tomatoes growth for a while.We are picking curly lettuces in green and red,spring onions,fresh herbs,and silverbeet.Its such a buzz.
Now my heart is aching for a puppy.I want one so bad and of course I cant find one! I want a blue heeler like my Gracie and there are none to be found...its a bit early for puppy season so I have to be patient.My brother bought a gorgeous beardie on the weekend to be a working dog for his sheep.His name is Thomas and hes an outside dog.He has a job to do.
James is really good this week and altho hes still losing weight and his bones dig into me when I lie on his knee,he looks good and hes happy and funny.Hospice is coming soon and well see what they have to say.
The kid got busted smoking at school!! Its the one thing I thought shed never do and I was really shocked and dismayed.She then informed us shes been doing it for years!!
WEll,Ive put a stop to that! She will not smoke again.I used aversion therapy(if you know what I mean;)
The school holidays start on Friday and she is enrolled in a church programme where she helps to mind all the little kids..that should keep her out of trouble.
My Mum has signed up for her new house and they start building within 2 weeks.She wants to be in it for Xmas.Its exciting for her.Shes going to have everything new..lounge suite,bedroom,curtains etc for the first time in 50 years.Its going to be a gorgeous little cottage on the hill overlooking the lake on my brothers farm.I cant wait to go shopping with her to chose everything.
James brother Phil has sent some Nicaraguan coffee which we are eagerley waiting for too.The hospice nurses love the American coffee and James gets a buzz out of making it for them.They are so good to us.
Im so glad to have met and fallen in love with James.Hes made me whole and I adore him.He has a wonderful family and I love them so much.I miss them too.
We have been posting some cards to them to keep in touch.
Now I have to get off my butt and do some laundry and make the most of the windy sunshine we have today...hopefully we may have another few days of it..Later:)

posted by butterflies @ 10:27 AM

2 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's still burning hot here in the south US... I'm jealous of your cool weather.

Take some pics of your garden!

~Snidget

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Sounds lovely!! I'm so glad that James is having good days. Sounds like he is having a blast with Hospice. Too cool!! Take care my sister-friend!!! I love you & I miss you.
Blessed be..

PS it is HOT here, too. Close to 100 yesterday. I actually got a little burned on Fri working the garage sale. Now I have a new tan. Nice for Sept. Summer is over--winter is coming on...someday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003