I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Future

Today I saw my gorgeous nephew go off to the school of life.Hes heading to Bath University in England on an engineering scholarship.His best friend Richard is a Rhode scholar who left at the same time for Oxford.
Last weekend I went to the wedding of my eldest neice,Amy.She married her childhood sweetheart.She looked like an angel.The dress was white spun with gold thread.She sang a beautiful unaccompanied song in the church to her new husband...it made the hair on my head stand up.She is so alive and now back in London to begin a new life with her husband who manages a rock singer.
Tonight James said that I gave him life. Oh and have we LIVED:) We have such a good time! But I told him that even tho we live life,I also have shown him death.Ive taught him how to die with grace and joy.Not ME but God in me.HE is the spirit that guides the vessel that is me.I am showing James how to die just as I showed him how to live.Now James will have eternal life,life more abundantly.
If I had known that James was going to die while in my care,would I still have travelled the world to be with him?YES!! Hes shown me love and joy..hes made me a woman and he has given me so much ...total unconditional love.Time is irrelevant to our love.The school of life is here and now.The school of death is what we must come to learn...
Wisdom is a gift given from the spirit of God.God is life and He is death,which for us is eternal life.

posted by butterflies @ 10:57 AM

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..that is so profound.Where did you learn so much?
I wish I had your strength and willpower.Im sure that your god is with you and I hope to one day be as thoughtful as you are.
Love Sara.

 
At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

butterflies, you bring tears to my eyes.. truely it is God within us that makes us able to look death in the eye and see the life that we have lived and will live eternally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003