I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Parent Teacher Interviews

Well,we went to meet the teachers yesterday...Cori is doing very well academically and the teachers all told us thats she is a very happy pleasant and polite child.Shes more mature than her almost 15 years and is confident and fitting in well.
BUT...she talks too much.She was described as a social butterfly and has had to be shifted around in class because she will disrupt other kids.
The good thing is that since I talked to her about her yakking too much last week,all the teachers have seen an improvement.She is changing and growing and Im proud of her.Shes made a good transition from American schools to here and the main thing she has to watch now is her choice of friends.She was disciplined by a teacher for being in *unsuitable* company and I appreciate that.Im so glad the teachers here have a real caring for the students and are not afraid to speak to us about any problems.Im glad we went and listened.I will go into town today and buy Cori some wee treats for being so good and for using her intuition.

On another note...we went to see the pain management doctor on monday and hes directed James to hospice.That means they will do another full screen to see where his cancer is now and monitor with more experienced care givers.They will also come to our house,at no charge,at any time we need them.Hospice is wonderful and I will be glad of their intervention.James is feeling good and each day he does some thing around the place and it makes him feel proud to look back on his achievment.This weekend we are all going to the beach for the day to walk on the rocks and listen to, and smell the sea.The mornings are frosty now but the feeling of spring is in the air and the days are getting longer.
I finally have a car of my own and its nice to be able to be independent again.I have my dream catcher hanging from the mirror and some stuff in the glove box and my rain jacket in the trunk(just in case)The cottage is completed apart from desperatley needing to be painted inside but that can wait til summer.
Im happy and contented.Im with my favourite people and am looking forward to my niece Amys wedding in a couple of weeks.Shes coming home from London for it.
Im off to sit in the sun with my coffee;)

posted by butterflies @ 9:03 AM

4 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Good for Cori!!! You are such a terrific Mom...Cori is a very blessed young lady.
Glad you will be getting hospice. They are such wonderful, caring, competent individuals. Our nurses truly loved all of us & were available for Dave at any hour day or night. Sometimes they were up all night with us. They will be a great support for you as well as James. Let me know how everything goes & what you find out about the NHL after the visit.
So glad you are going to the beach...I'm jealous. I think the beach is the most peaceful, spiritual, restful place. I always feel closer to God. Just the sea air is invigorating.
Have a fun trip.
I miss you, sister-friend. Wish I was there to wrap you in a big hug.
Love to all...

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

PS I wish the teachers in the good ole USA were that caring. Maybe our kids would have less problems away from home. I am so happy that Cori is in such a wonderful, positive environment. Bless her teachers!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

You have a wonderful daughter! And that speaks of what a great mom you are.

I'm glad James is feeling good. One day at a time...

Polar Bear

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Thanks so much polar and D..I love you both and thanks for all the support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003