I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

David Darling


Today is one year ago that we lost one of our dearest and most cherished friends.
Dave.We all met at Dannys Blues Saloon in OKC and we got on from day one.We rode together,partied together and terrorised ppl:) He had lymphoma when we met him and had every treatment available...still having chemo,and riding to his treatments.
He was so FUNNY!! OMG he made me laugh and he had a real southern okie accent..he would tell me stories and the guys got tattooed together.Then James found out he had the same cancer and it tore us all up.We cried and we comforted each other.But we still laughed and had fun.It never got us down and if it did we would cheer each other up.Eventually,Dave went home to die at his Mums with his wonderful sister and his son.
We will never forget Dave..I danced with him and he loved to dance.He was a great dancer.James told Dave things and they shared a love of living.We salute you today Dave..Cheers brother and thanks for the memories Sweetie:)

posted by butterflies @ 4:34 PM

2 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Thanks for the memories!! I love the pic-hadn't seen it before so I "stole" it for myself.
I love all ya'll.
Blessed be...

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is to the memories of a true Brother. Too many use the term Bro for anyone the come across, trying to make themselves appear to be a member of a group they are totally clueless about.
Dave never had that misconception. Maybe that was because he was my Bro from the start. Ride on, Brother.
James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003