I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Final Countdown



My husband and lover is being called home.Weve been told that he has a couple of months at most to live on this earth.Its countdown time.
We have spent the last few months preparing for this moment but maybe its something one can never really prepare for.Its sad but there is joy too.I know that James will be safe.My heart is aching at the thought of losing him but Im so thrilled to have had this time and wouldnt have changed a thing.
Pray for us in this ..our final chapter.Where love lives,so does hope.

posted by butterflies @ 4:34 PM

4 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

"Death ends a life not a relationship"
from Tuesdays with Morrie.

Kinda says it all, huh?!?!
You have both fought, & continue to, fight the good fight. You & James have faced this with such grace, peace, love, & acceptance. BRAVO!! It is not an easy road that you are on. You are right-no matter how hard you try you can never be fully prepared for what lies ahead-for the final outcome. We always hope & pray for a miracle. Unfortunately, James' work here is almost done. He will go Home to a beautiful place that knows no saddness or sickness. He & Dave will be together again (for that I envy him).
From my experience in this situation, it is so much harder on those of us who are left here. When you see the peace & happiness in James'eyes you will be glad for him, but oh so lonely & sad for yourself. It is not easy to be the one left, but you have a wonderful loving family to support you. Lean on them now. Let them take care of the mundane, day to day obligations you have. Let the house go. Just be with James. Continue to make memories. They will sustain you.
I love you both so much. I am so sorry that you have to be on this particular journey. You are in my thoughts & prayers daily. Never far from my heart.
Blessed be...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Stay strong. All the best to you.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Hi Sleepless..thats what Im doing now.Not leaving James side,spending all my waking moments looking at him and laughing with him..its as if I cant get enough of him and his love.
Oliver..thanks.
Gary..Thankyou too.It SO helps to know that others are thinking of us .

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you both, sweet girl. I know a bond like yours cannot be severed by the death of the body. He'll be with you, and you with him. Much Love, S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003