I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, May 29, 2006

ER again!

Sorry to have made you worry Polar! I have been so SICK!
Last night James insisted I go to ER and Jake drove us.By that stage I could hardly breathe and I was in wicked pain....Ive been like that for days now.
The doc I saw was wonderful.Kind,caring,and intelligent.It helped that I had both my boys with me cos they could intervene and ask the questions I needed to know.
So the most important thing was to get control of the pain which was causing me so much stress.He gave me some very strong analgesics and after James had told him that we had some benedryl he suggested I take that to stop me coughing.(Whooping cough was discovered in China in 1578 and is called the 100 day cough).I had been coughing so hard and so long that all my chest wall muscles are bruised and inflammed.
When we got home I took my pills and benedryl and had the first complete nights sleep for 3 weeks! and I didnt cough...its such a relief.When I woke up the pain was back but I feel a LOT better:)
Palliatve care docs changed James meds last week to oxycontin and its helping him..its way better than morpine and doesnt have any side effects..hes quite out of it but at least hes almost pain free...in fact he was well enough to go to the movies on sat with Jake and Ez and Cori.They saw the new X Men..they all loved it and its a good memory for both the kids.Cori hadnt been out with her Dad for mths so it was very special.Ezzie adores James and he makes him laugh.
So even though Im sick and James is sick,we are together and in love.Thats all that matters.God will give me some strength to cope with what is ahead for me and hopefully my health will return to normal soon.Its hard to cope when Im sick!
Im going to open a tin of peaches and eat them all for breakfast.These pills give me wierd cravings! But they are better than prednisone!
Thankyou all so much for your concerns and thanks too to everyone that has emailed me with such love and good advice! Love you.

posted by butterflies @ 9:09 AM

7 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are starting to feel better!!! and that you have been surrounded by your family for the weekend. (beaming good thoughts at ya)

Take care

SaraXX

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm so glad that you went to the ER as it sounds like it was the right way to go. God Bless that doc for being so wonderful with you and for getting you some much needed help. I am so glad to hear you got to actually sleep. My sweet Butterflies you are suffering so much and i feel for you. May good health be return to you soon i pray. I'm so happy about the outing. What a wonderful gifts for the kids and James. I hope that you can continue to sleep and renew your strength. With all my heart i send you unlimited hugs. Hello to James.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

thank you for such a lovely comment...i'm glad that you liked the pics but please don't say that you will never get to see them...We have many, many days ahead and our friendship is just beginning...Let's dream and wish and hope that someday we can take a beautiful trip and we can both enjoy such sights...Did you sleep any? Are you feeling a bit stronger? i deeply hope so...Hang in there my sweet. You have shown your courage and strength and that won't leave you anytime soon...Much love my sweet and hello to James..

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am glad that your ER experience was so much better than mine. I know what that coughing is like as I am just getting over a very nasty cold that came with a lot of coughing. I will add you and James to my personal prayer list.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I came from dr john blog where you left a comment. I am sorry to hear that both you and James are sick. Will be praying for you both.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Gosh, sister-friend the ole devil is really wreaking havoc in your life. We have got to all stand together on God's promises & pray this crap out of your lungs!! Together we will flood God's Throne with prayers for your speedy recovery. I am sooo sorry you are sick. I know this is doubly hard for you since you want to be taking care of James. I wish I could be there for ya'll. But know I am with you in spirit & I continue to send up prayers.
I am happy that the oxycontin is helping James. Morphine can do such weird things to one's head. I'm glad the oxy is working better for him. I love all ya'll. Take care of yourselves-know I am beside you even though the miles separate us.
Be well, take care.
Hugs to all.
Blessed be....

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Being sick isn't fun, I'm sure. Glad to hear though that you are getting better. I hope you make a complete recovery soon.

You're right about how love and family is all that matters. It's so important to keep people going.

Take care!
Polar B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003