I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

First Frost


This morning we woke to a beautiful crisp clear day with thick frost on the ground.
That means that it was below zero C ..for some reason we must have known as we left the heater on low all night! The dog loved it..heh
I love these clear Waikato days.The garden will change now.The impatiens will be gone,the begonias,and the cosmos..in their place will be pansies and irises and polyanthus.I love the winter garden..the ground looks clean.No bugs.
Im finally beginning to recover..slowly.Went back to the doc on Monday and he increased the prednisone to double the dose cos the pleurisy has spread to the left lung and I am in a lot of pain but I can see some improvement.My cough is not so hacking nor so often.I still feel quite lethargic and sick but my state of mind is better and I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.
The cottage is complete!! Its wonderful..all my own taste and all clean.The floors look great and everything blends in and shines.Its been a major mission which exhausted us both and Ive been sick the whole way through the process but its a joy to get up in the morning and its a lovely place to sit around in and be sick!
James is thrilled with it and hes glad he got the chance to see the finished product.Hes been pretty good lately,maybe because hes had to look after me.Ive still cooked for 5 each night but James has done the floors and dishes and fussed over me.Im looking forward to caring for him again.
Heres a pic of Red Dog..lying in the morning sun.

posted by butterflies @ 9:10 AM

3 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh your dog is so cute.
i'm glad that you can see some light in that tunnel. more prednisone, double dosage, now in both lungs, cooking dinner for 5, What human strength and will power you have! my goodness. wow. so wonderful of James to be loving you but of course he would. you so deserve it. you two share some bond and it's an example for all us. glad to hear he has been holding his own. i worry about you guys but that is okay. i do so care. i'm sorry you are sick missy but i hope it all gets better soon. thank you for showing me how to look at everything that is good even in the rough times. how i love that your house is done. i can read how much joy and peace it brings you...i said house for the home part was always there...love, hugs, kisses and oh so many, many good wishes...hello to James..

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I have a cat. I would love to have a dog that wouldn't mess with my garden. I love cold weather here in Houston, but I have to admit that I'm glad that it rarely freezes. Some of the long blooming annuals like begonias, impatiens, and pentas become perennials if there isn't a hard freeze.

Congratulations on getting the cottage in order. I'm Glad that James could see it.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Yellow Dog is sooo cute...& very happy looking. Scrappy Doobie (my oldest furkid) would want to fight-'cause Yellow Dog is bigger- until they got acquainted. Scrappy has an initial complex when it comes to furkids that are bigger than him. We're working on it. His bothers are fine, they like to wrestle with each other all the time. Wears me out just watching sometimes. Puppy wars....!
So glad you are beginning to feel better. I had the hacking cough thing several years ago when we returned from Mexico. Took prednisone to cure me too. Horrible stuff. Get well soon!!
How exciting the cottage is finished...& that James is enjoying it. He is sooo sweet to take care of you, but then he is just plain wonderful anyway (hugs to you my heart bro!!!).
It is over 90 here today...hard to believe you had frost. It will be over 90 for the next week-10 days. Ya know how it is in OK in the Summer.
Have a very blessed weekend. I love you guys...& I miss you.


Namaste`

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003