I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Finally Finished!

The painting is finally all done and this morning is the first day for 2 weeks that Ive woken up to NO painter!
Its been a big job.He did the bedroom first so that James would have somewhere to lie down.Its lovely and I will post some pics of the burgandy bedspread....last night we were finally able to clean up and put the mirrors back up and the favorite Japanese etchings that Ive taken around the world and back a few times.
The colors all work so well and Ive added color with accessories.Im stoked with how its turned out.Today I have to clean the windows cos they are so dirty and dusty!
The carpet guys have been out to give me quotes...$1000 difference from one to the other! You know which one I will choose..That will all happen in a few weeks as I cant handle the upheaval for a wee while.
James has been great through it all.Hes tired and slower but he sits and reads in the sun and is uncomplaining.
On Monday the painter will move over to the other house to do the bathroom.Its been neglected and paint is falling off the walls.But at least our place is done.YAY:)

posted by butterflies @ 8:32 AM

4 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Must be nice to have a home all done up. Glad James is enjoying it. How about some photos of your "new" place?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I can hardly wait to see the pictures.
Things are good here. Possum now weights over 14 lbs & looks more like his Granddaddy every day.
He is very cute-I told him he will be "Chick Magnet 2". I think he smiled at that...& it made Mom laugh!
Glad James is so peaceful & content.
Hugs & love to all...

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Butterflies, I have ACTUALLY been sitting at my computer the last couple days, looking at mls listings.. I thought of you when my husband came home from work with the idea of moving to new zealand! says a friend of his is moving their and they are handing out work visas like candy.. I told him you told me it was super expensive to live there, but i may have misquoted you hehe... hey, I just totally painted my place too, but i'm finished living room office dining room and kitchen island, i have to do the kitchen and bathroom yet. it's nice and calm in here :) miss ya sister..

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Hiya Elaine,welcome back.AS far as I know the govt arent handing out visas like candy...I have a gfriend in OKC who cant get a visa and shes very well qualified.Its not too expensive here tho petrol goes up almost every day it seems...good to hear you decorated too.Its so nice having everything all clean and new.
Hey Sleepless! What a gorgeous baby you have:) Cute wee man!Good to hear he can make Mom laugh..heh.
Polar...hey Hon,got some pics but bloody blogger takes so long to dload them and being on dialup in the country is SO slow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003