I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Redecorating

Well...Normie arrived bright and early on Monday morning to begin the redecorating process in the cottage.There have been tenants in here on and off for 10 years and its walls are tired and have numerous scrapes and bumps and torn bits.So he began on the bedroom.Ive chosen all kinds of shades of cream.Dark cream for the walls,lighter for the trim and a slight cream tint on the almost white ceilings.The bedroom took 2 days..the first day spent prepping and putting on the first coats and yesterday finished it.So the first night we slept in the lounge on the sofa huddled together just like when there was an icestorm in Oklahoma and there was no power for 5 days.It was cozy and lovely even tho I didnt get much sleep.
Last night,with the help of some strong men,our bedroom was almost back to normal.The bed was back in and the dresser and we slept there.I bought a gorgeous burgandy bedspread to match up with my patchwork that Ive carried with me all the way from Nth Carolina.The room has a warm earthy feel and the opium scented candles made the atmosphere just perfect;)
Today the painter has begun the bathroom..its the most neglected room and the paint is peeling off the ceiling.I think he will be 2 days in there.Its quite a disruption in our life having someone here all day and making noise with his loud radio and sanding tools but the end result will be that the cottage is completely ours with our own touch on it.In a couple of weeks we will relace the carpet and tiles(thanks for the money Mum).Its really important for James that he sees it al done.He wants to see me actually with my own home,made especially how we want it.
I can still manage to do my day to day things(almost) and its good to watch the progress.Its getting rather chilly here since autumn has arrived and it will be wonderful to have a clean,new place for winter.
Oh...and Im in love:)

posted by butterflies @ 10:27 AM

4 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Gary said...

It's really nice to have a home made the way you really want it. I'm trying to do that with my home right now. I get distracted, so progress is slow. But I really enjoy doing it.

How about a picture of your burgandy spread?

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

It all sounds just lovely!! Summer is coming on in OK. 80's, sunshine, some wind. But very nice even though we had a very mild winter (no ice storms, Thank God).
Post pictures when it is done. I can't wait to see the Taylor abode.

Hugs & love to all!!

Blessed be...

PS e-mail me your address again, please. A care package is in the works.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Your bedroom sounds so lovely and peaceful and rich in love. I'm glad that you had your snuggles to keep you cozy and warm. It's great to be able to see the positive in the good and the bad. You home will be lovely pretty soon and i'm most happy about that. Glad to hear you are in love, lol, i kinda had a suspicion :) ...

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love watching the work in progress. Norman is super meticulis and its more like a detailing than house painting. The earth tones are super soothing also.

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003