I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Seeing the light


After such a long horrible sick month I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.I have finally almost stopped coughing(thanks to benedryl) and have gotten control of the pain.Im starting to feel like my old self again.Its a beautiful day today...20C or 70F and its the middle of winter.The roses are still blooming and its very warm.I love these days.We sit on our deck in the sun and drink coffee from America(thanks Diane!) weve just had a long talk to James Mum and my Mums just been out with a pecan pie which she made from pecans sent to her from James Mum:)
It makes the world quite a small place when family are all around us and friends call in to help when were unable to.Im so thankful to everyone and so full of love.I have peace and I can smile again.
We have been back in NZ for a year now.James is still alive despite the docs saying he had 2 mths at Xmas time.We dont believe what anyone predicts anymore.His time will come when God calls him.In the meantime,we laugh,we dance,we kiss and cuddle and we say kind things to each other that will make our memories precious.
My son is amazing and takes time out of his day to always call in and make us laugh..my 15 yr old daughter is behaving herself and my oldest daughter is in love:)
This is my life and its all good.I have no complaints.

posted by butterflies @ 2:49 PM

7 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

how happy it makes me to read your words. how glad my heart feels for you are feeling better now. you are an absolute beauty you know? thank you for posting a pic of you so we can all see your sweet smile. i'm glad your heart and James are one. i'm glad that both of you have time to do all those wonderful things that love makes us do. i am so happy that the kids are doing well. and i am most happy that you have support and love from your family and his...enjoy your beautiful weather and keep on smiling my friend.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Praise God for your recovery!!! What a gorgeous pic!! You are beautiful! Glad life is good...& that you are surrounded by love. That is the BEST feeling ever.
Take care, sister-friend!!

Hugs to all.

Blessed be....

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Hang in there.

That is a wonderful picture. I love that fence.

The roses bloom here all winter. I think it's great.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Your post warms my heart. I love reading your blog because you so clearly know what's important. It gives me perspective when I find myself worrying about silly things like work. So glad you're feeling better. :)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your right no doctor can tell hopw soon you will die. Our task is to live the time God gives us with as much joy as possible and you seem to be doing that.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO glad you are feeling better ( and looking good too by the way)

SaraXX

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right ,Sara! She DOES look good!!!!!

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003