I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, June 05, 2006

Hello my name is Johnny Cash

Last night Jake went into town to get some dvds and (very thoughtfully) got Walk the Line for us to watch..I loved it.Its a great movie of the life of Mr Johnny Cash.Very moving and provoking.Reese Witherspoon was excellent as June Carter Cash and Joquin is gorgeous and did a great job as Johnny.The music was really good and although the movie was sad and the ending not very good,Im glad I finally got to see it.There was nothing about Johnnys conversion before his death however and it should have been included....Diane had sent us the complete works of his music for Christmas last year and I play them often even though Im not usually a country music fan.I just like the soulfullness of his gravelly voice and the fact that he lived such a hard life.In the movie it shows what a horrible man his father was and how they lived in such isolation and poverty on a corn farm in the middle of nowhere.
Today is Queens birthday weekend and a day off for working ppl.It was sunny and warm and we went out to Mums for a drive and for afternoon tea for some scones with cream
and jam.Tonight is going to be freezing as theres a cold southerley wind and snow on the highlands.Its been a nice weekend and great to be able to finally breathe again.Im starting to recover and feel almost normal again.
Buzzing round in my head is the song..I walk the Line:)

posted by butterflies @ 8:19 PM

3 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

So very glad to hear you are much better.
We saw the movie too and I absolutely loved it. I think that both actors did an amazing job. Their singing was great. He really did sound like Cash...
Nice that you guys went so spend time with your mum. Family is so important...Hope you and James have a wonderful day. Stay healthy we wish. And once more, thank you for such sweet comments you kindly leave me...Hugs.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that movie too, I'm also not a fan of country music but there is just something about his voice :)

Sara

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My first visit to your blog. (Got it from Dr. John, Mimi etc) I am glad you are feeling better. They just had an article in the papaer about a newsaper columnist Art Buchwald who was given two months to live like James and here it is six months later and he is still doing ok (he stopped all treatment and went into a hospice when he first was told he only had the two months).

I'll stop in again...your day sounded wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003