I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Families

This is one of my favourite pictures.Its Raglan beach on the west coast of New Zealand and not far from my home. It has no surf on this day but its a place of sanctuary.Walking around the rocks is very good for the spirit and we go as often as possible..always with family.
To me,,everyone I really love is family.If we share a bond,if we respect each other and care for one another,if we can be totally ourself..thats family.
I have wonderful brothers and sisters. I have Amazing friends that are always there for me and who know that I would be for them too.I have been welcomed into homes and been a part of other peoples lives and I love them for being there for me.
Im sure thats what love is....
so it was with a loving heart that James has decided to send his little girl,his baby,his (now) grown up daughter to her sisters.It was an agonising decision.Of course we wanted her here for US but that is selfish.Love is not selfish(Corinthians.3)..It was of vital importance to James that he KNEW that she had arrived safely,,that she had settled into school and he had done all necessary paperwork while he is still alive.Its his last Daddy responsibility.Hes done it.
He told her on the weekend..she cried and hugged her Daddy but she had always known that she would go and we have been so lucky to have had James for this long!
Her and I had a soft gentle mother talk and I told her that whereever I live will be her home.I gave her a lovely silver ring for her to always know that was from her Dad and Me...it was sad but not devastating and was manageble for each of us.
God was SO with us all.We each have to have strength.We have to stay strong for each other.Thats what family/friends do for each other.We love and we care.We dont take each other for granted.We wait and see.
So she is beginning another journey now...and so are we.This will be the first time in our marriage that we havent had her.I miss her already!! But our journey is private and personal.We cant let too many people into our space because we need every second we have with each other.Its OUR time now.James sleeps most of the time and when hes not asleep hes eating cookies and icecream and laughing and reading.I do the same.
And her sister..shes in NY and shes a beautiful,strong, mature, young woman in the forces.Shes taking our kid and her sister into her life and her life will change now too! Everything that happens affects somebody!
Im happy.Im being protected in a cocoon of love.Cheers.

posted by butterflies @ 10:04 PM

13 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Oh Stupid blogger didnt put the pic on and I tried twice! I will have another go in the morning...sorry:)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

you describe the beach with such love, our hearts can see it...

i have no words. i'm full of emotion but i don't want to add to yours.

i wish there was something for me to say or do.

what a decision. what a choice. what love. all the best to your daughter, for that is what she is.

To James all my heart. To you all my strength.

I will pray. My kids will pray. I love you more than i could say and i'm with you in spirit.

Go cuddle, my angel...

XO

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

you are so blessed. I'm glad that you have such great friends and family. I agree that those are the most important things in our life.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Janets Planet said...

You are very lucky to have such a family.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

We love you. We are thinking of you and James. We just wanted to tell you that.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I agree with Janvangogh you have a very nice family. You are SO lucky!

The crazy object B

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger kristi said...

I have been reading some of your blog and you sound like an extrordinary woman.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Reading your post, it's plain that you have "the peace that passeth understanding"- the peace that only God can give, the only peace that can sustain you through the days ahead. I'm praying for you...

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger jafabrit said...

I was passing by and wanted to tell you that even though we don't know each other, I send thoughts and prayers. You all sound like an incredible family.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your family. I understand not wanting to share too much and it is private as I have always been that way myself.

I hope it is of some comfort that so many people are thinking of you.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Catch said...

what a beautiful story....I can understand him wanting to know she is settled.....you are in my prayers....

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

Such a difficult choice. You have avery loveing family. I will praythat you continue to have that strength.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Love is a wonderful thing. It allows us to do things in the interest of the loved person like the daughter. I am glad I had a chance to read your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003