I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Memories are made of love.




A couple of years ago me and James came to New Zealand for a month to see my family and for James to see my beautiful homeland.We went for a trip with Jake to see my friend Robbie in Napier.On the way we stopped at Lake Taupo and had lunch and took a break from driving..Jake took this pic of us and Ive always loved it.James did have cancer there and does look a bit sick but we were so pleased that wed been able to make it that far.
We all went down to the beach and spent time on the rocks.James came across a dog and played with him.Then Robbie joined in and they had a great time..we never did find out where the dog came from.
We have got some wonderful memories and weve had a great time together.Playing,loving laughing,riding,meeting new ppl..
But as Polar says..its not over til the fat lady sings...Hah,she didnt exactly say that but thsts what she meant.Life is still going on..filled with music and love and good friends.WE still get lots of visitors and its wonderful for me to have company as James sleeps away the days and nights...hes awake from 3pm to 9pm..or later if Deadwood is on;)
Weve been having great ph calls from all over the world,even my Japanese friends and the nieces and nephews in Europe email...
Hospice says that the tumors are spreading into James throat and his voice is husky(sexy?) but hes still eating bits and pieces(mainly icecream and cookies) but hes alive and Im thankful for that.SO today is a good day:)
(I havent been blogging much cos Ive been too sad but today is GOOD)
Thanks for the emails and comments..keep them coming cos I love hearing from you all:)

posted by butterflies @ 3:35 PM

4 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

I love you both very much!! I just have no other words. Take care, continue what you are doing. I am so sorry for the road you are walking. It is not an easy one. You & James are such a blessing to me. You have faced this with such grace, love, & faith. You are both truly inspiring.
Always you are in my heart, thoughts, & prayers.

Blessed be...

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i wish you weren't sad but then that be asking you not to care and love and feel and that is just not acceptable.

i'm glad he is still with you. sleeping like an angel, dreaming away of the life he is leaving behind and the one he is entering.

this transition is hard. the waiting, the sorrow, the accepting: i'm sorry that it's even an issue sweet friend.

i don't have anything to really say but that i am glad that you have had this experience of love. most people never know real love in their whole lifetime. you're each other's strength and true friend and lover and that will always be gift the biggest Blessing.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if I were James I'd be eating ice cream for dinner too. :) What a beautiful memory. You always help me put things in perspective. Lots of love, Sandy

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, What beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing your love with the world! My favorite pictures are the ones that arn't posed, and the ocean, playing with the dog, what a priceless moment to have captured. I can feel how treasured each second is for you, to love.
My prayers and love are with you both
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003