I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, August 11, 2006

Thoughtfulness


I am forever amazed at the thoughtfulness shown to us from others..Today we got a lovely parcel from Sandy
.Shes getting married next month so she sent us a wee part of her wedding.I love the pink leis and put them straight on.She sent me Burts Bees lip balm and lipgloss and hand cream and a cool Harley Mug for James!! Thank you Sandy SO much..it made our day and we love you.
Its a big day for us today....our daughter Cori is flying to SanFrancisco to her Aunty who very generously paid her fare(Thanks forever Diane!) and then she flys on to New York to live with her sister Angie (love you Ange).Its a sad day but happy too.This is what James wants and hes at peace now knowing that his daughter will be safe and sound and will be with her other family.We will not say goodbye,but we will say..see you again kid:)
Its a bit of a concern with the airlines stopping all traffic out of Heathrow and stupid bloody terrorists threatening lives again but its safe to fly out of New Zealand and we trust God to keep Cori safe til she lands.
I hope that all of you KNOW..I mean really KNOW...just how much your love and support and comfort means to James and I..I dont know how I would get through all this without all of you,my friends and my family...thankyou again and I love you!!

posted by butterflies @ 1:25 PM

7 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

If you give me your address, i promise to keep you with a fine stock of canadian goods...moose and or bear droppings chocolates. maple syrup. a nice selection of maple leafs hand picked by 5 nice kids. and what ever else is canadian that i can't think of now..

it's definetely a hard day to be travelling. the airports are a mess. however, because of all the increase security it is a safe day to be in the air. i hope she is happy and safe in her new home.

i'm glad that Cori going to her sis gives James the peace of mind he deserves. i'm sure that it is a hard time for him and you though.

i'm sorry. no pity, just sorrow that this is even an issue.

i don't know that anything i could ever say or do would give any of you any peace or joy. but if i ever have or will, i am happy. i wish i could make it better for all.

you get through it all my friend because you are strong and have God's Graces with you.

may He hold you close to Him, for every second. all of you.

God Bless. My heart is always thinking of you.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Traveling mercies for Cori! In the name of Jesus, for You have promised what we request in the name of your Son will be granted, I pray that You hold Cori in your arms throughout her journey. Keep her safe from all harm, give her peace, let her feel Your love wrapped around her as she begins her journey to another life with her sister. Please give Angie strength, wisdom, patience, & tolerance. Bless James & Bev dear Father. I ask, in Jesus' name, that you make their road easy-the burden light. They have such love for YOu & each other--such faith!! Thank you, Father. In the name of your precious Son....amen
******************************
I love you, my dearest Tribe!! You are always in my heart & never far from my thoughts. I know today is full of mixed emotions. I am so glad James is doing what he feels is best, what gives him peace. It is so important to know all is settled. Not everyone gets that opportunity. Yours is such a lesson to everyone to live fully & enjoy the ride no matter the road.
Beautiful pic of a beautiful lady!! How sweet of Sandy to want you to share in her wedding!
Have a blessed weekend.

Peace, love, joy...

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

what a beautiful prayer from your sister in spirit, sleeplessinoklahoma.

Amen.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Moobear said...

May God continue to be with you through these trials and tribulations, but know that you have many friends praying for you, James and the family. You are such an inspiration to me and I keep you constantly in my prayers. Much love and concern to you all.
God Bless!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, what a day indeed! Thankfully with security as strict as is, I know Cori will be safe. Though a differnt scenario, one I cannot relate to, but I do understand how appriciated support is, know that I stand too, for you and James. I hope he gets to fill that mug full of delicious coffee! In Canada we have Tim Hortons coffee which is a must! Please let us know when Cori arrives safely, I'll hold her in my prayers as are you and James every night.
K

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great on you!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"wow"the flower looks cool.He!He!He!
Wish you both well :) ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003