I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Kings Message

I said to the man who stood at the Gate of the Years
"Give me Light that I may tread safely into the Unknown"
And he replied
"Go out into the Darkness and put your hand into
the Hand of God
That shall be to you better than Light
and safer than the Known way."

Quoted by His Majesty King GeorgeV1
in his Christmas broadcast.1939

posted by butterflies @ 10:13 AM

2 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

there is nothing better than walking with God. nothing safer, more comforting, sweeter. it is home..

what a lovely post sweetie. thank you for the glimpse in your heart.

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Just lovely...& so very very true. Thanks for sharing this wonderful, inspiring, uplifting quote. It speaks volumes.
I love ya'll so much!!

Blessed be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003