I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Congratulations

I dont normally talk about politics but I really want to congratulate Nancy Pelosi for her new job as Speaker Of the House.
Her quote "Weve made history,now we need to make progress"
I think thats great...she is now the highest ranked woman in the US..
About time!
Women bring to government a new sense of caring and welfare of the ppl.They dont have the egos of the men and they want to get the job done.
I am a democrat(or a labour party member in NZ)..we have a female primeminister and a female speaker of the house.We pay high taxes but we feed the ppl,no-one is without work(unless they want that)..
I hope with the democrats in power in the US we might see an end to the war in Iraq and they will bring the troops home to their families.Its gone on too long.The troops would be better served guarding the American borders,helping victims of hurricanes,and other natural disasters.
God Bless America.

posted by butterflies @ 10:58 AM

4 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I read yesterday's blog as well and it is good to see you have people around you at this time who care about you. As you are going into spring we are having our first big snow storm.
On today's post I hope you are right that this election will make a difference. I have seen them come and go. The parties change but the lack of care for the poor doesn't. We will see.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i pray that the human heart welcome God's spirit, so that we may fully enjoy in the peace that we could have..

i leave you with hugs and kisses for both of you. all my love..

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I do hope that our country will be at a better place.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard this song today by the Lovin Spoonful from the 60’s and it reminded me SO MUCH of Bev and James:

DARLIN BE HOME SOON
Come and talk of all
The things we did today
Here and laugh about
Our funny little ways

While we have a
Few minutes to breathe
Then I know that it’s
Time you must leave

But, darling, be home soon
I couldn’t bear to wait an
Extra minute if you dawdled

My darling, be home soon
It’s not just these few hours
But I’ve been waiting
Since I toddled for
The great relief of
Having you to talk to

And now a quarter of
My life is almost past
I think I’ve come to
See myself at last

And I see that the
Time spent confused
Was the time that
I spent without you
And I feel myself in bloom

Go and beat your crazy
Head against the sky
Try and see beyond
The houses and your eyes
It’s okay to shoot the moon

My darling, be home soon
It’s not just these few hours
But I’ve been waiting
Since I toddled for
The great relief of
Having you to talk to

LOVE YOU GUYS!
JoAnne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003