I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Friendships



A few years ago,in OKC, just before Xmas,Joanne took me to her work Xmas party.We were in a really huge building on the 82nd floor and I took this pic out the window.I thought the city looked so beautiful like this.Joanne has now moved to New Zealand too and she is coming to stay for a few days tomorrow.Shes always been a good and loyal friend and we love her.
It got me thinking...I could NOT do all this without the support of my friends..People have been so wonderful,sending emails,parcels,cards and letters..Its keeps me going.To have a friend,you must first be a friend.That means giving.My mother always said, *you may not get it back from the person you give to but you will get it from someone* and I always believed her.
Yesterday the doc came for his usual monthly visit..with a new nurse and our hospice nurse.They sorted out James meds and drank American coffee.The doc heard a noise outside and asked if it was a donkey ..I said no..its a bull roaring(he wants some cow nookey).He commented how noisy it is in the countryside!! How funny!
He said he could see a *marked decline* in James and I was like..DUH! of course I see him every day but even I can see it.Hes still beautiful to me tho and cute.
James will be pleased to see Joanne tomorrow and hear another American accent(tho shes from NJ..Hehe)and we look forward to walking the paddocks and talking.
There is always something to look forward to.:)

posted by butterflies @ 9:09 AM

11 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the Petroleum Club where they had all the Univ parties. It WAS beautiful, wasn’t it. The Cross makes it that way.

FYI – it isn’t only the country farm animals that are noisy. As your adjacent neighbour at the apartments, I recall James’ apartment being rather ‘noisy’ once you moved in!
; )

What a hoot!

xo
JoAnne

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Gotta agree with JoAnne about the apartment. That was an "interesting" place to say the least. The first manager was so stoked that Dave as a police officer. Yea,right. A cancer-riddled officer running around with a gun--that would have been a hoot for sure. LOL
I just love that building. OKC does have some pretty buildings at night although Dallas is my favorite for a beautiful night-time skyline.
I am so glad you will be having company. I know you & James will really enjoy having JoAnne there...even if she is a Yankee ~smiles~
I've envious. I saw a special on NZ on PBS Sunday & all I wanted to do was hop a plane. BEAUTIFUL country with so many interesting sights & places to visit. Someday...
Have a wonderful visit. Hugs & love to all.

Blessed be...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

the inevitable it's still just as shocking and hard to swallow. i'm sorry that the doc comfirmed what you knew already.

i am at a loss for words of late. i can't imagine walking in your shoes and still breathing.

i'm glad that you do have a support system of so many to love you and comfort you. you are the one responsible for James still being here. you are his all. i'm glad that you have a backup line of hearts that are helping you, help him.

i'm so happy that Joanne will come and stay for a bit. that will help you both out. a fresh face, laughter and some good reminicing will certainly make for good hrs visiting.

enjoy. love you both. XO

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

do you hear my breathing heavy? you think it is my doing dr. John's marathon B but no...not at all..it's you and James..and how much i love you and i get all sweaty palms, and goose bumps at the sight of your beautiful pics and the feeling of your love..

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Butterflies, I only came by here because you are on Dr. John's marathon today.

However I have been reading your successive posts, in tears. Your love and your spirit shine so brightly through your words! I will be praying for you and for James. God bless you both.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jan said...

I came by as a part of Dr. John's marathon. But I am in awe and respect of your love. I have lit a candle and will keep James in my prayers.

OKC..Oklahoma City? The countryside in OK is much prettier, it's the stars in the sky and not the artificial lights that shine.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I'm from NJ but I have a Southern accent now. Since being from south NJ near Philadelphia I didn't have a strong accent.

-Margie
(Stopping by via Dr. John's mini-marathon today.)

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Just stopping by on Dr John's Marathon, Dr John said to come by and say hello and glad I did. Beautiful blog here.

Have a Blessed Day

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger B.R.L said...

I am glad that you will have a friend come and visit. The picture is just beautiful.

You are and have been in my prayers.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

I think it's true what you mother said. What goes around comes around. It really does. It's not something we know or find out right away but it comes with hinesight.

Living out in the country is great - the nights can be so peaceful and quiet. But yes, there is the animal noises (and smell?). Sheep are pretty quiet tho aren't they?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I know this will come as a bit of a shock, but I'm not here because of "that guy's" marathon... I just wanted to stop by and see how you guys are doing.

Despite the trivial, worldly things like health, it sounds like you two are perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003