I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Long Goodbye


Today I am mourning the loss of Danny,James brother..he was a wonderful brother-in-law and we were very close.They both had lymphoma.
James was diagnosed in 2003 with B cell stage 4 and chose not to have any treatment.He wanted to live the rest of his life without sickness from chemo or radiation and it was already all through his body and in his bones.
Danny was diagnosed 10 yrs ago with B cell lymphoma..not as aggressive as James kind.
Danny had every treatment available and lasted a long time.In his 60 yrs he battled polio as well as cancer.He raised a disabled child and lived a life, full and happy.
We spoke every couple of days on the phone and I travelled to Oklahoma to see him in June..Im so glad I did.
Now they are united once again as brothers.Tonight I will have a glass of merlot and celebrate the life that belonged to Dan Taylor...RIP my friend.

posted by butterflies @ 7:02 PM

6 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

both brothers, that's so harsh... i'm glad they are together in heaven though. at least we are all gauranteed a happy ending

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

It is good that the struggle is over and the brothers are back together.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

So sorry for the loss.

 
At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

butterflies, i left you an award on my page

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I am saddened t hear of your loss, and I also believe your life has been enriched by having had such wonderful people in your life too. I feel blessed having just known about these people, and not having even met them at all.
Huggs and love to you and yours.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by sister, and the nice comment you left... i answered you on my page :) if you ever get back there n' stuff lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003