I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Saying goodbye..


I got to say a final goodbye to a friend today..
I blogged about him a few weeks ago when the docs gave him 2 wks to live.
Today we talked for the last time.
I thanked him for being such a funny guy who made us all laugh..
I told him that it was an honor to have known him.

He said Ill see ya at the funeral!! LOL!

His mouth is weak now and hes having trouble focusing.he wakes after sleeping 12 hrs
only to go straight back to sleep. I told him his journey has begun.I said have fun babe and Ill see ya in heaven:)

Hes waiting in the queue now until God calls his name.

posted by butterflies @ 10:49 PM

6 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

What an awesome spirit he has..I will light a candle in my house for him tonight. Thankyou for sharing his story with us. You are a lovely friend to him.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger G-Man said...

Another visitor from Down Under?
Pleased to make your aquaintence young Lady.
Thanks for visiting my blog....G

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

What a sad but powerful story. He faced death with the ability to laugh.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Yes Dr John..hes always made us laugh.
When he found out about the cancer it just confirmed what we already knew.
The first thing he said was..oh well its not a tragedy! then started singing that Beegees song lOL.
Thanks Caz..Ive lit one too.
G-man..Ive been a reader for a while :)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

((((Hugs)))

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I've been catching up blogwise. What a beautiful story. It is so painful to say goodbye, but you did it beautifully. He died with dignity and grace and he had you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003