I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Reflections

Yesterday was 4 years since my precious Dad died.I miss him so much. He was a funny and kind man.He would do anything for anyone. We all adored him and when he died,all of the family was there holding him and loving him. Theres a funny side to this too.He was dying of cancer and in the last week was in and out of a induced coma.He woke up one day unexpectedly and my Mum told him that *he better NOT die on her birthday* which was the 12th. He complied and died on the 11th! I loved him for that and it stopped Mum having to have a sad birthday every year. My parents were married for 50 years and fought and loved the whole time. They were equals.They stood up to each other.But they loved and respected each other.My Dad bragged about Mums good cooking.She bragged about how he could fix anything....they raised 4 children
They lost a child and lived through it.My sister was run over on the road when she was 8 and she lived for 2 weeks in a coma til we had to make the choice to take her off life support.That was one of the hardest decisions of my life. But we made it together,as a family...as we always do. Today my mother is 76.Shes travelled the world.Last year she went to Japan for the 8th time to a friends wedding and she was the guest of honor. Shes a strong woman and shes funny.Shes getting a bit ditzy,not in a senile way but in a *wheres my purse/car keys/camera/* sort of way. I love her...happy birthday Mum.

posted by butterflies @ 7:38 AM

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture of a marriage and life you painted! I know it started out being about death, but it was the life that stood out at me, truely.. your parents sound wonderful. sorry about your sister, how unimaginable

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Thankyu Elaine..life is a wonderous thing and its the journey that leads us to the ultimate destination.
Its how we cope that makes it a good life or a bad one:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003