I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, March 21, 2005

Reluctant Decision

It is with great reluctance and a good deal of thought,that we have decided to sell our precious Harley.We went for a ride today and altho it was wonderful to be out in the wind,I quickly realised that James was not riding well.He was not concentrating as well,his instincts were slower and his strength was not as it was.
We have had 3 superb years of riding together and the memories will be with us forever.But James is beginning to get more tired.His energy levels are waning.Hes still healthy but the thing about lymphoma is that it gives enormous fatigue.Cancer is not going to spoil our lives but we must learn to live within the boundries of the disease.
So we will sell our baby.But she will be bought by someone who will love and respect her as much as we do.It will give me more money to use to buy a car in NZ and we will save the cost of shipping her to NZ.
Its not a sad day...just the end of one chapter.Theres another chapter ready to open in front of us.We will always be bikers and James will always be scooter trash.Its in the blood and nothing to do with whether you have a bike or not.We will be eternally in the wind:)

posted by butterflies @ 11:10 AM

6 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and I wish you well.
God will be with you.

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the end of an era. i got choked up as i read your post.. i know how you love your harley and moving on is a big decision, life altering to say the least, but you are a strong woman, take God's hand and move where He takes you.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Hang in there, sister!! I know this was a tough decision, but a necessary one. God never shuts a door without opening a window. You will have new adventures together. Keep fighting!!
d

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Elaine,Snidget and D
Thanks for your kind thoughts.It has been a major decision but in the end theres no choice.You have to be totally focused to ride.
Its sad.but I know whats ahead of me too.I will devote my time and energy into James and thats what will be my sustinance.Thanks girls for always being there for me.I really appreciate you all.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Lost said...

Hi there Butterfly, you left a comment for me and so I decided to come along and check things out.
A tough choice to make but if you and James have made the decision together then you can only look forward to the good times ahead.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rah. I'm in remission from lymphballistic leukaemia. I understand the fatigue wuite a lot. I understand, as well, the love that Harley engenders. It's sad when your body rebels. Unless you need the cash I'd put the bike in storage where it can be looked after and serve as a reminder. When the cancer goes into remission life does come back in full and it will b wonderful to have the ability to return to a life you love.

Warchild/David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003