I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Back to Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson was sentenced to death today for the murder of his wife and unborn son.It was a case that I have watched since I came here in 2002.Hes a cold person and has expressed no remorse.Even during the sentencing he took no notice of what Lacis mother and brother had to say,hes a nutter with no feelings.
He will never be put to death tho cos California has over 600 ppl sitting on death row and they only kill maybe 1 person a year.
Even tho hes committed this heinous crime Im still opposed to the death sentence.
Its seems barbaric and archaic for the 21st century.I think that killers should sit in their cells for 23 hrs a day,only let out for a shower and some exersize tho they should never be allowed to see or feel the sunshine or hears birds singing.
James points out to me that its impossible as theres not enough man power to oversee all the prisoners but if they are in their cell what is needed to watch over them.I dont care if they commit suicide.I dont care if another inmate kills them.Leave them to their own fate I say.

posted by butterflies @ 8:23 AM

6 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

all I can hope is that they kill him.he murdered a woman and her son.he doesnt deserve anything.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh, what happens if God comes along and heals up a person and washes them clean? rotting in a jail cell is a nasty fate for someone saved by God.. I always think of how dependent I AM on God's grace and forgiveness before I think I would be for the death penalty or something like that..

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine..I know what you mean.But somehow I cant see a cold man like Scott asking Gods forgiveness.Hes never admitted he did it or expressed any remorse to the family of Laci and Connor.
But thats why I dont believe in the death penalty either.God can touch anyones heart and maybe Scott will meet Him and plead for his life to be spared.
Butterflies...(now blogger has forgotten my password!!)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Oh great NOW it works..ARRGG

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Butterflies, I just wanted to drop by for a visit...very pretty blog. :)

Regarding the death penalty...yeah, I have to go with you on this one...I'm not a fan. I just don't think the justice system stooping to the level of killer makes any more sense than Scott killing his wife. I mean, I'm sure in HIS mind, that was a really good idea...just as killing him is, in the mind of that judge. Ah well...big problems.

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Hi Sandy and RC..I am the same,I cannot condone the death penalty and am so glad I come from a country that abolished it in 1890.
I doesnt work ..either as a deterrent or as a punishment.If they cleared the prisons of ppl who are in there for drugs and for telling lies as Martha did,there would be more resources for managing the killers
Beverley.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003