I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Best Xmas

On Xmas Eve we went to my mums house for the last time.Shes been in her house for 50 years and her new house is almost built.
When we sat down to eat my brother said...right,lets go round the table and each one has to say what was their BEST xmas...as you all know,Ive always hated xmas since my sister was born on xmas eve and died 8 years later and I was struggling to think of a good one.Oh it was so easy to say which was the worst xmas but he insisted it be the best xmas...so I said that the last xmas we had with my Dad was the best one for me.We knew he was going to die and we made sure that it was a joyous festive occasion.He couldnt eat and I had gone and picked him up from the hospital in the morning.He looked so sick but I was so thrilled to have him there.
James answer to the question was that he couldnt think of any one that was better than another cos hes loved them all!!!..hes such a positive bastard!! LOL.
But now when I think about it,this has been a wonderful xmas.Ive been blessed to have my James with me in NZ,still alive,still making me laugh and making everyone else laugh too.We had great presents from Dianne and Phil from the States and lovely phone calls.My son is home with me and the kid has been really well behaved!
I have booked her surf camp for the week after next and Ez is coming next week.
My best friend is coming tomorrow and me and her have loved each other for 35 yrs.Shes coming to see James and give him a kiss she said.
The farm is full of ppl that I love,theres music and laughter,friends coming and going,days of happiness and nights of wonderful sex:)
I am blessed to have this time with James and will remember it forever.
OH..and he bought me a lovely silver ID bracelet and had it inscribed with the words
I AM THE WIND ON YOUR SHOULDER.

posted by butterflies @ 9:06 PM

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog.It makes me feel as if I can conquer anything.
Happy Holidays Butterflies and James.
Love Sara

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Thanks for coming to my blog. Yes, all the photos are of my garden. I have a yard that's 100 feet long by 50 feet wide. I wish it was bigger, but it I will have to make do.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

What a wonderful Christmas y'all had!! I am soooo happy for all of you. Love the inscription on the bracelet. I know you will wear it always. James is such a sensitive, loving, romantic, imaginative, spiritual man. What a lovely gift to give you!!!
Hugs & lots of love to everyone!!

Blessed be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003