I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Home Birthday

Today was the first birthday I have had at home in NZ for 5 yrs.Its been a good day.Although I have been sick all week and this morning when I woke I realised that I wasnt getting any better and felt damn miserable! So I went to the doc and got some major antibiotics for yet another UTI..
James and Jake came with me and we all went to Mums for lunch instead of the restuarant wed had planned.It was a warm sunny day and I was just so thankful and happy to have the 2 men I love with me all day.My brothers rang to say happy bday and one of my lovely gfriends that I havent had a chance to catch up with yet since I got back.Shes coming over next weekend:)
Im ending this day feeling better as the meds take effect and knowing that my gorgeous Ezzie is coming for the weekend.

posted by butterflies @ 9:15 PM

7 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching you celebrate your birthday. Love you, Baby!
James

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry about your UTI. I wonder what people did about UTI's in the days before antibiotics?

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Happy Birthday, sister-friend!!! I love you bunches...& I miss you.
Take care of yourself & get well soon.
Blessed be...

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger butterflies said...

Thanks sleepless:) Love you too sweetie.
Oh Gary....I cant imagine what it would have been like for women getting UTI before anitbiotics!! Poor things would have suffered so much..imagine having no toilets! or having to ride on horseback with a UTI! Maybe they just died with pain and the infection?

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Butter! Hope you get to feeling better soon.Thinking of ya
Love Max and Cilla.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Hi. Happy Birthday and a many Blessings to you today and for all your days. I hope the meds clear things up completely soon. I'm glad that you had your 2 wonderful men with you to share in your day and give you joy. Hugs :)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

I tried looking for an email and couldn't find one so i'll i hope it's ok i'll write here. Thank you so very much for your comment. My heart aches for your suffering. I wish no one would know the pain of loosing a loved one. I hope he is not in pain and i'm glad as it seems you have a great many friends/family to hug you and care for all of you. My dad was given no more than 3 yrs when diagnosed and he lasted over 7 yrs. Those were precious moments but every one of those days i was horrified of that day that would come and would be his last. It was very hard for me as his daughter but it was very hard for my mom as his wife and partner to live with his dying as well. I'm forever grateful to her for how she cared for him. My hat goes off to you and to all the spouces who love and care for your love ones. Thank you. I send all the hugs that a stranger can send without sounding so scary. I will be back to read your blog. I think i can learn from your courage. Please don't feel obliged to visit mine...i want to feel that every second of your day is spend doing all the things that you need to do. I hope your family and friends are a source of love and strength. May God Bless you and your family. Pls say hi to your husband and your son from a total stranger that you have touched with your story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003