I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, March 27, 2006

Productive weekend

It began at 7pm last night and the storm blew and the rains came down in sideways thundering verocity.It had been gently drizzling all day and it was wonderful to have the rain soaking into my garden,easing my workload of watering and moving plants to a place out of the sun.Now I could just leave them to it..I planted out poppies,pansies,lobellias,azaleas,and alyssm.I fertilised the ground with blood and bone and sheep pellets,giving them enough nutrients to last them through the winter.
On saturday,B-I-law bought himself a caravan to have his own space.Its so cute and him and I spent the day scrubbing and cleaning it,taking off other ppls dirt and making it smell fresh and new.I cleaned the cushions and washed his blankets and he siliconed around all the windows to ensure no rain would get inside.Then James spent a few hours trying to figure out why the power wouldnt work..its always helpful to have an electricain on hand when you need it).Something was wrong with the earth thingy but he eventually got it sussed out after going to town with Jake to buy a new heavy duty plug and wiring it into the garage.So it was James to the rescue and we were all pleased to see him mastering something hes good at...
I got Jake and B-I-law to carry over my very heavy sideboard from the house and I cleaned it and polished it til it shone.I needed something extra to put things in and even tho its stain is a bit dark,its oak and a family heirloom.One of these days I will sand it down to its original glory.
The suns out again this morning and the yard is full of leaves and debris and things turned upside down.Im going out to plant up some begonia cuttings and make sure all my pots are upright again! And with the wind blowing the way it is now the washing should be dry in half an hour.:)

posted by butterflies @ 10:18 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003