I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Friday, October 27, 2006

Instincts work!

Well...everyones prayers have worked so thanks!
James decided not to take ANY sleeping pills and hes had no more delirium at all.
So the cancer hasnt gone to his brain as far as were concerned and he was just suffering from side effects.We realised that it doesnt matter if he doesnt sleep at night..he sleeps a lot during the day and as long as hes peaceful,then its all cool.
Ive had 2 really good sleeps now and I feel so much better.I didnt have to take the antidepressants yet and Im able to feel safe and happy again.Although the docs dont believe us and think they know more than us,at least the hospice nurse is on our side.Shes wonderful and we trust her.
Yesterday some really precious friends of mine came to see me.Ive known Pete and Jo for 26 years and they have been faithful and trusted friends all that time.They live at the beach so I havent had a chance to see them since we got back but they called in yesterday after theyd come to Hamilton to buy a brand NEW Harley!! Gorgeous blue 2007 soft tail.James eyes lit up:) and it was so good that they got to met my James.They have a little boy now too who was born while I was in the States so I got to meet him too.It was a GOOD day!
This morning I had a lovely shower and got out and was getting dressed when I realised that Id only shaved one leg!! LOL...WTF!
So I may be losing my memory and my brains but Im happy and so is my Angel.Hes the best thing that ever happened to me and I love him.

posted by butterflies @ 11:47 AM

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

I'm delighted, i'm so happy, i'm thrilled..

visits from wonderful friends that made your eyes light up and James having something so wonderful to think about, a new bike for new owners! whoo-hoo

I'm so delighthed that you slept and that the both of you together are such a s good team with alot of commonsense. you are absolutely right, what does it matter if he doesn't sleep at night as long as he is sleeping and resting at some point..you two have alot of common sense and i'm happy for that.

thank goodness for the nurse who understands and helps you out. May God Bless her too and for her understanding and support to you both. good nurses are always needed and my goodness there are never enough..they are angels that help in time of need and i'm so glad you have one of them.

your James is lucky that you shaved one leg..lol..i'm sure you can make a sexy game of it..like blindfold him and have his hands run up and down your leg and see if he can correctly pick out which is the unshaven one..(okay, so of course he would know. i'm just being silly and trying to desperately come up with a game, a sexy one, lol.. not that he needs any more encouragement, ;p)

anyhoo, my dear friend, my love to you and to James. i'm delighted that today and yesterday was a good day. know you are never far from my thoughts.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I figure out a scoring system for this "game"? Sure I can!!!
I'm just so glad that through all this medication garbage, you've been able to stay focused on what we really need, Baby.
Love you more every minute, Sweetheart. And I DO expect a world of minutes still!

James

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Praise God!! We just have to trust our own instincts. Not sleeping is not a big problem. Dave quit sleeping the last couple months...which meant no one slept, but that was ok. No need wasting time sleeping. Too much to do & experience. ~smiles~
I love you guys so much. I had the most beautiful dream about you two last night. Thanks for all the hugs. We had a great, too!!. Lots of laughter, a concert, & a fabulous meal. I really enjoyed it & hated to wake up. I would have liked to stay there with ya'll. Hopefully, I will see you in my dreams tonight.

Lots of love & hugs...

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I'm glad that things are looking a bit better. I'm glad you got some sleep. I'm glad taht you and James had friends visit. Tonight I will thank God foir all of it.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, I am so humbled, and honoured that you have shared so much. If anyone, you know exactly how I feel, and seeing you now, I know I too will shine again. I can't even begin to immagine all thats been, thats brought you to here, but thank God for you here. You are evermore a light for me to follow, and I hope that if there are people after me, I can be a light for them to follow. Thank you so much. I have a story I'd like to send to you, please email me at
karencornelisse@rogers.com
and I can type it out and send it to you.
With love respect and peace, thank you
K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003