I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, October 09, 2006

Red Dog saga

SO...Mr Animal Control Officer came back last night to say that the woman had positively identified Reddog as the dog who bit her..I asked him if hed shown her a line up of at least 4 other **brown** dogs so as to make a comparison.I told him that if a human was to be ID as a suspect,then they must put up 5 ppl to be accurate,then the victim can choose one.This is the fair way.
As it turned out,the woman was cycling past and a BIG BROWN dog ran along with her and NIPPED her on the ankle.One puncture wound,no stitches! She (apparently)called out to 'our house' and no-one answered her call for help..LOL.I was outside cooking a bbq and there were heaps of ppl home.Reddog was with James or me all the time.So I told the A.C.O that he needs to go around our area and take pics of ALL the big brown dogs and then come back and tell me what hed found.He was rather nice and kind and understanding but I know that it was not our dog!(even if it was,no damage was done and I cant understand all the FUSS! Surely a person riding along an isolated skinny,narrow country road should carry some mace or a stick to ward off any creatures(animal or human) that would chose to attack..
Dont you think that would be more sensible?

posted by butterflies @ 3:33 PM

5 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red Dog won't even nip to protect her food bowl! Think on this for a minute............A "mean" animal that will not take to arms over nutrition, yet will use force to taste a sweaty, smelly, spandex wrapped person whose became an unsightly purple color from huffying and puffying by pedal power up these hills????
Should Red Dog get shots? After all, we don't know where that person has been!!

James

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Amen, brother!! Red Dog has been unjustly accused. JUSTICE FOR RED DOG!!!

Love ya'll so much. Have a very blessed day. Hope the ACO finds his culprit.

Blessed be...

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i absolutely love your line up words of at least 4 other brown pups..lol..oh my goodness, i wonder if he will go out there and take all sorts of pics.

i hope you are having a wonderful day. i came here to tell you that today is a day of Thanksgiving here and that you and James are most certainly in my list to be grateful for. your love, care, and friendship mean the world to me.

hugs.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

What a beautiful doggy! I agree, anyone alone on a path, walking or on a bike, should take something to protect themselves. I can't see you being an irresponsible pet owner what so ever. I'm glad the controal officer has been nice, sounds like the "woman in question" is a little nuts.
Much love and peace to you, James and Red Dog! Give her an extra treat for me. Its still a work in progress, but Joe and I may be getting a Yellow Lab puppy for christmas!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi liked the pic,Hope you guys are doing O.K.
Wish you well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003