I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Family time


This weekend is Labour Weeekend in New Zealand..its time for family and friends.Everyone has 3 days off work and we all relax.Its the traditional time to plant the summer garden..potatoes,tomatoes,beans peas and corn.There shouldnt be any more frosts.I have some plants to go into the ground and just have to take some time to spread fertiliser..and slug bait.
Its nice to have all the guys at home..except Jake had to work this morning only cos theres a huge hot rod rally in the town where he works and will be a great chance to sell lots of mobile phs which means commission..Yay.Its Ezzies birthday on sunday and he will be 8.Its gone so fast..his first years! I remember so well the early morning arrival of my grandson.His mother was having contractions 4 mins apart and I was saying..get going!! but she was cruisy and wanted a coffee first.She was very relaxed and so was Jake..she had a good birth and that began a great life for Ez.He was a beautiful baby and we loved having a new baby around.
My parents wedding anniversary is on monday.Mum and I will go to Dads grave and sit awhile and put some flowers there.He will see us.I miss my father.
Tonight we will BBQ and I will make some nice salads.James is content enough and reading the papers that the mailman gives him for nothing.
Im going to paint my nails red and apply some fake tan:) I havent sunbathed since I turned 30 and we discovered a huge hole in the ozone layer over NZ..now Im as fake as they come and proud of it!
Have a good weekend ya'll.

posted by butterflies @ 1:05 PM

6 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I hope you have a great weekend. I keep you in my prayers always.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

We're not fake...we're just health conscience.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend is planned. Give Ez a big birthday hug from his auntie in America.
Glad James is having a good time with the papers.
The weather & garden sound lovely. It is in the mid-40's this morning with a strong breeze. Lots of sun though. Fall has arrived in OK & the trees are turning lovely colors.
Take care sister!! I love you!!
Hugs to all of ya'll


Blessed be...

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tea said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :)
And glad the big brown dog wasn`t yours.
Those cherry tree blooms are amazingly beautiful! So full. Have a great holiday weekend.

tea
xo

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

here i come with an 'i'm late' written across my forehead. an 'i'll make up all your post' in one cheek, 'beautiful pictures' in the other and 'i love you and thank you' on my lips.

I'm most happy that you don't tan under then sun. no need for more illness..your life and health are most important.

the pics are all beautiful..i'm so glad you post them. Pls give Ez a belated but sincere wish for another wonderful yr of life. he is a sweetie and i'm so glad he 'IS' . hope your get togethers were a ton of fun. laughter, family, love, friends and yummy food, wow, what a time it sounds..

I'm so sorry that today is a day of sorrow in your heart and your mom's. pls give her a hug for me and for you my heart and many a hugs and kisses and my wishes for the most peace in your heart and mind anyone can muster.

i will read the other posts..and leave messages..sorry they would be late but i just couldn't add to your hurt and sadness with mine..

but it's a new wk, a new world in which we look ahead and i am going forth with it..with my friends..

so, my sweet friend, hug James for me..and ask him to hug you for me too, ;)

love. i'll be back.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

What a beautiful picture! I'm jealous of that sunshine and water. Here we are getting ready for winter!
I can't immagine losing my father, such a different painful loss. What a wonderful way to honour your parents anniversary,
Love to you and your family
K
P.s a very happy birthday to Ez

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

hon, i have left you comments in the last post i missed..as i told SleeplessinOklahoma, i cannot be without my fix of reading your posts, lol...it helps me to feel closer to you guys..

love and many hugs to you and James and Ezzie too and your dog..lol..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003