I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Thursday, October 12, 2006

A new body:)

Yesterday I saw a person in the mirror who I suddenly liked.LOL.
Over the last 2 years I have gained 10lbs and it has made me feel so strange.I didnt recognise myself! My old clothes dont fit as well as they should and Ive gone into a size 10/12.I have been the same weight since I was 16 and didnt gain this til I met James and started eating..I say started but I have always eaten,just not that much and not that often.
Now I eat 3 meals a day..cereal for breakfast,crackers and cheese for lunch and a proper meal for dinner.And Im loving the food! I was a strict vegan til 2 years ago too.Until one night we went to Applebees with a friend and he ordered a steak...it smelled so gooood!!! I ate a piece off the corner and from then on I had one once a week.Im sure my body must have needed the iron or something,maybe to give me strength to face all this.Now I cook for 5 -6 guys every night and I make lovely food and I make cakes and cookies and lovely soft breads.
And of course I have my red wine(to keep my blood thin)heh,2 glasses after dinner and Im satiated:)
Im happy that Ive got a wonderful S-I-L who keeps sending me tops that fit my ever expanding rack(as James calls it) and they also cover the round tummy that Ive been told is a womans body.Now I accept it and actually like it!! Ive seen myself in a different light and instead of being pissed off cos I feel fat,Im thanking God for giving me enough love to love myself as well.

posted by butterflies @ 5:34 PM

7 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Coming from a former "skinny guy" who has finally managed to put on a much-needed 50lbs, I have to say this is a refreshing post. Too many people complain about their self-image, instead of seeing the positives.

Good for you!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!! Always were, always will be. A woman's body is sooo different. I had weighed as little as 90 lbs at one time (I was anorexic). Now...well we won't talk about now, but I am definately (as you know) full-figured. As with James, Sparky &, previously Big Guy, is definately enamored with the rack--all 42D of it. ~smiles~ Gotta love men!!!
I am glad you are embracing the more womanly curves. It is good to love our bodies as well as our minds, hearts, & spirits. WAY TO GO!!!

I love ya!!! Hugs to all.

Blessed be...

PS Dr John named me his Blog of the Day. Way too cool!!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

body acceptance is a hard thing to achieve sometimes. i'm glad that you are there and enjoying it..and that James is enjoying it too, ha, ha, ;p

it is good that you look in the mirror and see someone looking back at you that you like..and it is wonderful that James is one to tell you how beautiful and how sexy you are to him. he makes you feel pampered and wanted and that is worth millions.

congratulations to both..

XOXOXO

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Thank you for your supportive comments! I'll bet you are beautiful! I'll trade you though, I've gained 50 pounds in one year (Ok most of that was Jack's fault, and I'll still be mad at him for not taking it with him when he left)
I laughed so hard reading about James and the gun! How wonderful he must have felt getting out!
Enjoy your day. We got our first few snowflakes this morning, but it never stays untill mid November.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev!

When I saw you last month after not having seen you for a few years, it struck me how good you looked. I didn't even realize you put on the weight - just that you looked good. So keep eating!
:)
xo JoAnne

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Hope you guys are doing well,You are special because you are a woman.You care for others,and you want to be cared for.my friend "Enlightenment must come little by little-otherwise it would overwhelm"
Wish you well

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Body acceptance??? I think mine is rejecting MW!!!LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003