I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, October 02, 2006

Rain!

Finally the spring rain has arrived.Weve had 2 weeks with no rain and Ive been planting and watering(and here in the country we live on rain water collected in a big tank)..but yesterday the heavens opened up and God sent the rain:)
Now everything will grow.The soil is warm and I can almost plant some tomatoes.
We had daylight saving on saturday night so we put our clocks forward.
We had a small party for Rx birthday and James stayed up with us til after 11..he had a good time laughing and joking with us.Ezzie is here for the school holidays so we baked a chocolate cake.He licked the bowl and his face was covered in chocolate even up to his eyes! His whole face was submerged.
He kisses James softly and asks him *are you alright*..James hugs him and says *yes*
Its been a special weekend for us all.
I had to go to the doc for ACC,for another assessment to see if Im able to return to work.They nake me do this every 3 years.(I had a DVT some years ago which has left me with a damaged leg and very limited blood flow which causes intense pain and throbbing in my veins)..The doc told me that I will never work again,and in fact I will have some very serious problems to face in the future! I dont want to know about it and have put it to the back of my mind.I will cross that bridge when I get to it..otherwise he was a lovely doc,kind and caring.
We got another great parcel which was exciting to open and a thrill to find some wonderful goodies inside:)..
My Mums cooking dinner for us tonight(YAY a night off for me) and will send it out with Jake when he picks up EZ.All I have to do is some vegies.
Wow..now theres a big thunder and lightening storm and the dogs hiding under the bed!James is all tucked up and cuddly looking.I can hardly resist him;)

posted by butterflies @ 11:05 AM

10 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

What a beautiful picture you painted. I can see it all. Thank you!! I feel as if I am with you..& I am in my heart. Take care dearest sister!! I love you so much!!
Hugs, smiles, love, & kisses to all.

Blessed be...

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Here you had so much to do and you still managed to put on your angel wings and save a friend. Thank you. I hope to be there for you always, when you need me and when you don't ask. I love you.

Your James garden will thrive with that rain. How beautiful it must smell, i love the smell of fresh rain. I do hope we get to enjoy pics of it. This is coming from the girl that still hasn't send you hers, go figure eh ;p

Happy wishes for Rx's birthday. That cake must have tasted yummy, with so much love in it. I'm so happy James was able to enjoy in the fun and treats.

I'm glad that your mom helped out with supper. I like hearing how you are being helped and cared for too.

I love how you can't resist James. How adorable i imagine that two of you. Cuddles, romance and love all around in your home.

I thank you again. I love you and admire you more than i can ever say. I want to be like you and James when i grow up.

God Bless.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Weather had been pretty wild and wet overnight! I love spring rain. It brings with it a sense of renewal and hope.

Sorry to hear about your leg. Do take good care of it.

Polar B.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, I can almost smell the earth from here! I'll bet its a beautiful day/evening there. In Ontario its well into Fall season, and where I live, all the trees have turned colour, stunning reds, oranges and yellows. Tomorrow I'll take pictures and post them for you to see.
What a wonderful weekend for you all, Many smiles and blessings. You're right not to think of the future, that doesn't exist yet, and yesterday has past, so why worry about it, just celebrate the moment. You said it best when James looks irresistable snuggled up. Thunder storms are my favourite!
K

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

One of those days when a little sunshine pours in and life is pretty good. Glad that God gives you such moments of peace on your journey.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I wonder whu doctors tell us things like "you will never....". I was 19 when mine asked me why I was going to college because I would never work due to my blindness. THey do not get that working, no matter what it is, makes us feel better about ourselves.

I am glad you got some rain. We are getting fall rain here.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chana,
To be like us, you don't grow up!!!

James

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

No Coward Soul Is Mine
a poem by Emily Bronte




No coward soul is mine,
No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere:
I see Heaven's glories shine,
And Faith shines equal, arming me from Fear.

O God within my breast,
Almighty, ever-present Deity!
Life, that in me has rest,
As I, undying Life, have power in Thee!.

Vain are the thousand creeds
That move men's hearts: unutterably vain;
Worthless as withered weeds,
Or idlest froth amid the boundless main,

To waken doubt in one
Holding so fast by Thy infinity,
So surely anchored on
The steadfast rock of Immortality.

With wide-embracing love
Thy Spirit animates eternal years,
Pervades and broods above,
Changes, sustains, dissolves, creates, and rears.

Though earth and moon were gone,
And suns and universes ceased to be,
And Thou wert left alone,
Every existence would exist in Thee.

There is not room for Death,
Nor atom that his might could render void:
Thou -Thou art Being and Breath,
And what Thou art may never be destroyed.


In our chat this wknd i ommitted telling you about Sandy. i always tell you that i admire you but never really explain why. well, you are walking grace. you are overflowing with your love for God. i'm being quite the coward and having a hard time saying good-bye. i feel like i should be doing better as to i see what you and sleeplessinoklahoma and Karen are going through and really it doesn't, it couldn't comper and yet i'm failing myserably. i'm sorry.
your heart is heavy yet i know your Faith is your glue and your love for James is your power you and you are made of sheer courage. i'm soooo grateful to be a part of your worlds too...

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Your posts are beautiful and overflow with your love for God and James. Blessings on your journey.
Kate+

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

my beautiful Bev, i should have explained my post more...i have left a message for you there but i will post it here too. i love you very much too.




Oh my darling Butterflies, i was so happy that you put his pictures up. I felt so happy to have you share him and his joy with his dog. Oh pls don't feel like you did anything wrong in posting his pics. In seeing him, i imagine by being there and sharing in the moment. I felt that much closer to him.

My father was hard for me to watch get weaker for i was IN BIG DENIAL. i honestly didn't come to terms with his dying until just before his death. i always held hope that he would somehow survive. So to have my eyes watch him change physical, it was a reminder of what i was desperately not allowing myself to think of. And that is why it was hard, not the actual physical changes. the physical stuff wasn't the problem, it was i and my unability to accept what was happening.I should have explained that clearly in my post. He was the most gorgeous and strong man always. Even at the end with all the changes.

I respect what Sandy needs and no visitors is what she wants. If it was to me though, i be there holding her hand and kissing her forehead until the last breath.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003