I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fishing


My Mother grew up in a small fishing village and her father was a fisherman.He would go out on these small boats and sometimes would be gone for 2 weeks at a time.When we would go and stay with Pop in the holidays we would go out on the boat...way,way out into the middle of the ocean with no land in sight..I was scared but I trusted my Pop to keep me safe.
Much the same way I now trust God to keep me safe.I have been a Christian since I was 11 and was saved at a Billy Graham convention.Although bad things happened to me I always knew that God was with me.I always knew that He loved me and that He forgave me.I dont consider myself to be religious but I know that God is my father and Jesus died for my sins.I have never doubted it for one second.
If I didnt believe what would I have?? Nothing!
All the money in the world does not make ppl happy.The only thing we have is our health and our love and money cant buy those things.
My faith gets me through..
If He brings us to it
He will bring us though it.
(thanks Jean for this morning,it was lovely talking with you)

posted by butterflies @ 12:06 PM

8 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

Amen sista!!!! Through God all things are possible.
Isn't faith a wonderful thing? I cannot imagine living without God's love, belief in Him, & faith..a childlike faith. You are a wonderful Spiritual being. I love your vibes-they've always been good, your Spirit-so pure, your heart-so joyful, your faith-so true, your love-so strong.
I am so glad God brought all of us together. My life is better because you are a part of it--a part of me. I will always think of you as my sister, my friend.
Hugs, smiles, love, & kisses to all!!

Blessed be...

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God gave us the wind.....so we rode in it.
God gave us our lives.......so we lived it to the fullest.
Then God gave me your love..........Amen

James

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

a beautiful picture hon but your words are even more so..it's nice to feel that safety in your parent's. glad you have such nice memories...you believe in wise truths, God is love. Love is all.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

So few people understand that there is a BIG difference between being religious and being spiritual. You can be religious about almost anything, as long as you do it a lot and often. It doesn't necessarily mean theres's any understanding behind the actions.

You are spiritual.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Bev, AMEN!!!!

:)

Jesus came to expose the religious hypocrites...religion is the anti-christ...it takes us further away instead of closer to God.

Love the pic of you & james in the previous post.
JoAnne

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

..... my heart and mind is always with you..hugs to James and you. much love.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

I am so glad that as you go through your pain that you have both your love of James and your love of God to suastain you.Whenever i feel down because of my health problems I read your blog and draw strength from it. Love is such a powerful thing and you express it so well.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Gary said...

My mother was born in a small fishing town in Texas. When she was five her family moved to another fishing town nearby. They didn't have a car, so they packed all their belongings on their boat. Gee, that was a long time ago.

You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to many others.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003