I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My James Garden

For the last 3 days I have been creating my James garden.
I have planted in it 3 roses...Remember Me,Sunny Hunny,and Dublin Bay. I have developed a need for all things orange or yellow and of course white(which is purity).I have planted heaps of annuals too..marigolds,larkspurs,petunias,alyssum,antirinums,primroses,impatients,and lavenders...the purple looks so good with the peach and yellows.
Now I have to sit back and wait for it to grow.Its going to be beautiful and James can see it from his bed in the lounge.He can see the fish pond he made and the bird feeder in the olive tree outside the window.He can see LIFE.In the late afternoons we lie on the bed together and watch the waxeyes coming into feed.Theres baby birds hatching and they are so noisy! From the bes we can also watch the guys coming and going from the garage..Rx is building a 47 chev hotrod and he started it up on the weekend..It roared into life as the big V8 thumped and groaned.Luke mows our lawns for us and Jake does our shopping.We are all quite content.I cook the evening meal and try to have a nive cake baked too for after dinner coffee.Everyone appreciates the coffee Diane sends us..oh and she sent me a great top that fits me and doesnt show off my jelly..(I would employ her as my personal dresser cos she always knows exactly what to buy!).
We are LIVING each day with cancer,not dying from it.James still loves on me and tells me Im the most beautiful creature on earth(til I pointed out the darling baby birds)..Now we wait as God sends rain and sun to make my garden grow:)

posted by butterflies @ 9:30 AM

4 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

What a wonderful picture you painted of your view!! Thanks for sharing your days with me...& the rest of your readers. I love yuou both soooo much!! You are truly living...so few folks know how to do that.
Beautiful days to you. Ours are beginning to turn cooler at night but still in th 80's during the day. Fall is upon us as Spring arrives for you.

Blessed be....

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

What a beautiful garden... Thank you for sharing such a moving tribute to the prescious moments in life. It is just that, a moment at a time to seize and savour.
The love between you and James shines through...
Would your friend be willing to shop for me too? I can't hide my jelly for the life of me, and I keep telling Jack I'm mad at him for the least he could have done was take some of my belly back with him :)
All my love,
K

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

i love the idea of a James garden. it will grow abundantly with your care and love and with him watching over it. with every bloom, he will be reminding you he is still with you, loving you. what a good idea hon.

i like you both cuddling and enjoying the peace of the love you both share. living life, no matter what is dealt to us is a hard thing to do. my instinct is to freeze. i admire the way you are both handling this amazing cross. you are both an inspiration and teachers whose actions bring me to my knees in awe.

i love you both. pls accept so many hugs and kisses.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

What a beautiful post and what a love you and James must share. You are so right to treasure each moment you have together and live into those moments. I lost my husband suddenly six years ago - and like your garden, the seeds of the things between us continue to grow. Many blessings and prayers to you both.
Kate+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003