I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, January 29, 2007

Labyrinth

After a bad day and a terrible night, this morning James and Butterflies rode the ambulance to hospital. Unable to take his medication orally anymore, he has been fitted with twin pumps. Both he and mum are clinging to each other, holding hands, rubbing James' back, brushing his hair. He is lost in the twisting labyrinthine corridors of the Waikato Hospital, hot, surrounded by unhappy, unwell people. The only redeeming features are the loving wife, the resumption of pain relief, the hope that tomorrow will bring him home, and the view over our city. From the hospital heights Hamilton looks plenty pretty, full of mature trees and a winding river, the lifeblood of the region. Loving thoughts, and best wishes gratefully accepted.

Jake (son of Butterflies)

posted by butterflies @ 6:34 PM

11 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Your family is in my thoughs and prayers. I pray that James will walk this walk in peace...
Blessings
Autumn

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

My thoughts, prayers, & love are being sent for all of you. I will continue so throughout the day. I am so glad to know that James is pain-free once more. I know there is peace in your hearts & spirits. I, too, hope James is able to come home today.
Forever, all my love.

Blessed be....

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers across the miles. Trust in God to hear your prayers, and to hear the prayers on your behalf.
I too pray that James will walk this path in peace and love.
God Bless.
4

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Thank you Jake for the update. Pls tell Bev that i'm with her in spirit and both that i love them..

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

Bev and James, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

((((HUGS)))
Polar B.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,Just from Chana's blog.You guys are in my prayers.He who has faith has an inward reservoir of courage,hope,confidence,calmness and assuring trust that all will come out well.Faith is a passionate intuition.
Wish you guys all the best

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Have been praying for James and Bev for the longest time. Someday you or some family member will have to write a book about the wonder of this love.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Praying and wishing James a beautiful peaceful passage, bathed in the love of family. Much love, Sandy

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I will be praying for you James and Bev. You are well loved.

Donna in Wisconsin

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Jake.
I and the rest of James family have James and Bev always in our thoughts.
I check this site almost daily for the latest updates when we have not had word from them.
Best wishes to both of them.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Hi Jake, Thank you so much for your post to let us know what is happening. Butterflies and James have touched so many people all over the world (I am in Ontario, Canada)
They would be so proud that you still noticed the postivity around a horrible situation.
My love and prayers are with you, your mum and James, and all of your family.
Sincerley
K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003