I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Monday, January 08, 2007

Hay Making Day



On saturday the haymaking contractors came in and began to make hay.First they cut it,then they turned it twice and later in the afternoon they bailed it.I told my brother he could have the hay.He asked me how many bales we usually get and I told him"oh around about 250...this year the grass was very thick and at the end of the day,with hay covering all the paddocks they finally counted 720!!! So my brother couldnt fit it all into his barn and called me a dumb blonde:)It was hard work for everyone and Ez loved driving in the cab of the bailer,except that he got a beesting and his foot swelled up! There were bails everywhere!

Its been a big weekend with many ppl and visitors.My oldest brother came from Auckland with his wife and Nathan who has been living in Bath England while he studies his degree at Bath University.It was so good to see him again!
James Mum rang yesterday and thanked me for taking care of her son.I thanked her for giving birth to him.She talked to James for a little while,long enough to say she loved him and he said the same.His voice is weak now and hes getting too tired to talk.Hes very weak and has no energy left.Its a mission for him to walk around now.Yesterday he was very low.He was unresponsive and deeply asleep.But by the end of the day,he managed to rally himself enough to have a bath and shave himself and eat a bit of dinner..he doesnt eat much and says its cos he has to save some for Red Dog! CUTE!
Everyone is on standby ready to come when I need them.So far Im fine.I have gathered all my strength and love and am holding up well.My fathers love is with me,and my grandmother who was the strongest lady ever..I am doing ok.My sister-in law told me that I have to make 'plans' WTF???? PLans??? I cant even know minute by minute whats going to happen and I sure cant plan my own life.
All I know is that I trust God and He will show me what to do.

posted by butterflies @ 9:05 AM

9 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

B
I think you are doing the right thing, just taking things one step at a time. It is reassuring for me to know that there are people around who will jump in and help wherever they can. I want to be there for you too, so you let me know if there is anything I cann do for you or James.

Polar B

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're both on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers. In spirit I am with you always.

My love to you both.

Donis'-
Phil

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

My dearest sister-friend, your strength is amazing, your faith inspirational. God has brought you to this & He will bring you through it. I am so glad you have such a wonderful family to support you & be there when you need them. Pray is all we can do now...& I know oh so many ppl are praying for you & James all over the world. You are both surrounded by our love & support. Plans?? What are plans really?? Mainly just hopes that we really never want to use. Plans are what we make while living our lives. I quit making plans long, long ago. No need to worry yourself with plans for the future. Those will work themselves out according to God's plan. Continue, as you have been, simply living in the future. Cherishing each day you have. Loving each other. That is all that matters--the love you & James share. Take care, I love you, I am always beside you in spirit.
Hugs, smiles, & love to all.

Blesssed be....

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

whoops!! That should be "living in the PRESENT. Duh!! Got interrupted by questions & lost my train of thought (I'm at work).
Annnywhoo....you know what I mean.

Love ya....

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha thats funny D..I DO live in the future..a day ahead of you Babe;)
I know what you mean tho,,Its simply beyond me to make plans,never have never will.Love you girl.
Butterflies

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Dr.John said...

People always want us to make plans at a time when we just can't. They are so concerned for us that they don't understand that tehre are some things that can only be doen when the time comes. I will contimue to pray for you and James.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

Dear Butterflies, How right you are. All we have is minute to minute, and you will do what you need to do, when it is the right time for you to do it. Enjoy and celebrate each breath you and James take together.
My love and prayers with you, and many blessings for the New Year. It was so good to hear from you.
K

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I notice that in the picture the sun is shining. That's good, because they always say to make hay while the sun shines. :)

All the best to you and your family.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are making plans. You are planning to let your time with James be the best it can be, for as long as it can be.
People are well intended, but they simply do not know what else to do or say.
For my part, I will say God Bless and know that I am thinking about you both and pray daily for your hearts.
Much love to you both, from the cold to the warmth.
4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003