I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Bracelet

The other night James got into a lot of pain so we had to call out a hospice nurse.Her name was Joy! She was really pretty and had lovely bracelets.While she was doing James pumps he asked her about one of them which he loved.She told him that it was a Pandora bracelet.Wed never heard of them.She got him settled for the night with such kindness.
The next day James said "I want you to have one of those Pandora bracelets(hed even remembered the name and I hadnt)..for valentines day" he said ..have a look online and get one...So I looked at them and they were really gorgeous charm bracelets that you can add to for special occasions or memories..or just because you want to.But they wouldnt ship to NZ!! So I rang around the jewellers and there was only one place in town who sold them.I didnt even want to leave him to go out but it was really important to him to get me a valentines present.It was a hot day and I cried as I drove along the country roads.I felt strange even driving after all this time of being at home...disorientated.
I found the shop and parked..chose the bracelet and then 3 charms.A silver heart,a tiny hedgehog (called hoglet)and a J charm.Its so beautiful.I will treasure it forever and it looks perfect alongside the white gold bracelet he bought me for xmas last year and engraved "Im the wind on your shoulder" onto it.
Then I got back to the car and there was a parking ticket!! I went into denial.

posted by butterflies @ 10:58 PM

8 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

James is the most WONDERFUL man I know!! You are always on his mind...he is always thinking of ways to let you know his love continues & will always be with you. The bracelet sounds lovely--you picked the perfect charms. Imagine in all his pain & delirium to remember the name of a bracelet for you. WOW!! What love!!

Sorry about the ticket. Sucks to get a ticket when you are on a mission of love. Maybe if you explain the situation the Court will throw it out.

Love, hugs, smiles, prayers, & good vibes to all.

Blessed be...

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Louisiana said...

he is such a romantic and through his journey he thinks of you every second. what a thing for him to do hon, he is one in billions for many reasons..
Valentine's is such a beautiful time to celebrate love but you guys don't wait for the one day. you live and breath 'true love' every second of every day since you met. now that is breath taking.

thank you for the love you share with one another and because it is so abundant you have still much to give us all..

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thing to have. And the charms from James will sit among more that you find and will serve as a reminder that he is still with you wherever you are.
Valentine's day is a great time to share one's love for another, but I think you have done that every day and that is inspiring.

And as for the parking ticket....invite a local constable over for a tea...I'll bet he/she would take one look at your world right now and they would rip it up.

Love you
4

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Dr.John said...

Spme day you have to write a book. It would surely inspire people. sorry about the ticket.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Joe & Karen said...

What a beautiful reminder of James' love for you. I can only immagine how hard it was to have driven there to pick it up. I'll bet it made James' heart sing when he saw you put it on.
I think Dr. John is right, you should write a book.
Love and peace be with you and James
K

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Polar Bear said...

What a great gift from James! How about a photo of the bracelet??

Sorry to hear about the parking ticket!

Hugs
Polar B.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Louisiana said...

Happy Valentine's to a pair that makes everyday their special day.

i love you both.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Oklahoma Girl said...

HAPPY VALTINES DAY!!!!

Much love today & always


Blessed be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003