I listen to the gentle murmuring voice
Of our city, awake despite the hour
And I linger, unwilling to return
To the television world inside — droolingmonkey

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Walking in OKC

Ive just come back from my twice weekly walk with my friend Joanne.
It was 92 degrees in Oklahoma today.Bloody hot and Im glad to be getting away from it.I finally gave in and turned on the AC even tho I hate it.I dont like cold air blowing on me and it makes me cough.
Anyway..we had a nice cool walk along the side of the lake.The wind was quite strong there and it was nice to see all the usuals out and about...ppl walking their dogs,couples strolling along,ppl parked on the grass verge chatting with each other.
Its a nice night.And its cooled down.
Its tornado season when it gets hot like this and the wind gets strong...My son managed to (almost)see on when he came over in June last time.There was one here in a neighbouring county last week.
Ive gotten a lot done today so I feel satisfied.A brisk walk always helps too.

posted by butterflies @ 2:00 PM

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you guys. I'm sorry I can't see you before you go. Please stay in touch via emails with me. I love all three of you, and know you will be very happy in your new home. Old home to Bev :-)

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I don't have this blog thing down very well. I was anonymous in the earlier message.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger butterflies said...

Hi Diane:)
Thanks sweetie..Its easy to sign into blogger..you just have to make a name and a password..anyway,we will miss you too and wish we could see you before we go a world away.I promise that I will always look after your brother and care for him all his life..and of course my new daughter too.You have been a wonderful sister-in-law and I love you:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site design by M. Collins, 2003